Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Set o\' Eights

If you do not 3bet the turn, and I think most of the stronger players would (I admit to not 3betting turn here sometimes)......I think you should def cr the river.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:27 PM

I like a 3bet here pf. A call is ok too. Depends on the CO, but if villian is that passive postflop it should be easy to play.

I am either 3betting the turn, or check raising teh river. I think the donk scares him and you won't get to 3bet this river very often (if that was your intention).
Old 11-23-2005, 01:56 PM

Default RESULTS

MP had 66, MHIG and I missed a bet.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:28 PM

3 bet the turn.

The BB is calling two cold here a lot of the time with a 7 or a flush draw. If BB calls 50% of the time you are making 2 BB when ahead and losing at most 3 when behind. Even if you put MP on just 66, 99, QQ, KK, or AA you are ahead of 15 and behind 6 combos, which is plenty to make 3-betting more EV+ than just calling. I'm assuming a passive preflop player doesn't raise 75, T7, or JT before the flop.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

With a cold caller and a passive player open raising, I think this is a bad play even if the big blind is tight.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With a cold caller and a passive player open raising, I think this is a bad play even if the big blind is tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

he said villian is loose pf, and passive post flop. The cold call doesn't worry me. I think a 3bet pf is nice.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he said villian is loose pf, and passive post flop. The cold call doesn't worry me. I think a 3bet pf is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the cold call could be two undercards to 88. My only point is that your preflop equity advantage with 66-88 goes down considerably 3-way and this pot's likely going to be 4-way. I'm not saying you are calling and playing for your set, just calling and evaluating how things look on the flop. Also, there may be a tendency to give up more bets postflop after being the final aggresor preflop, even when the board is unfavorable.

Heads up, sure this is a no-brainer three bet even against a "fairly passive" preflop raiser.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
MP had 66, MHIG and I missed a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

you got unlucky he didn't raise the river
Old 11-23-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP had 66, MHIG and I missed 3 bets

[/ QUOTE ]

probably even more, that's the bare min though. then again, you tell me has 66, I think this might be the way to get 'em in. damn.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MP had 66, MHIG and I missed 3 bets

[/ QUOTE ]

probably even more, that's the bare min though. then again, you tell me has 66, I think this might be the way to get 'em in. damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that he didn't raise the river with his full house, I don't think he is capping the turn withhis set if I three-bet (although that could be wrong). The BB is still folding his missed draw or whatever on the river (assuming he calls the two back to him on the turn) so I think I am missing 2 BBs by not re-raising the turn. Still, 2 missed BBs suck. On the other hand, I was really did think (mistakenly) that he had turned a str8.