Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Might Not be My Day

Well, the rest of that hand was JT for them to make their straight, wasn't it?
Old 03-08-2005, 02:58 PM

stop being helpful, kind, or otherwise non sarcastic. op clearly wanted to be made fun of in this post. stop trying to make him feel better.

citanul
Old 03-08-2005, 03:15 PM

I hate when my day starts with that kind of crap, last night was the same for me:

Dealt AA on 2nd hand, I raise, someone comes over the top, I call, they have AA, we split the 50 dead money in chips.

5 hands later dealt KK, raise it up, guy next to me comes over the top. I call, he has KK, I laugh only to watch the A,Q,J,and 10 of clubs fall to give him a royal flush.

I struggle up and down over the next 20 tournies and then in the last one I play i have my trip JJ busted by tirp AA and i'm down to 65 chips on level 2 9 handed. I manage to somehow grab the chip lead and lose HU when my AQ runs into AK and take 2nd which is a major accomplishment.

Total tally for 20 tournies at the 30's for the day, +$15. With all that happened and with how jet lagged and tired I was from flying from the east coast to the west coast I took that as a MAJOR positive and went to bed.

Now i'm frothing at the mouth at work wanting to get back and play. Poker is just funny sometimes. I have never had AA meet AA and KK meet KK in the same SNG let alone within 6 hands.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate when my day starts with that kind of crap, last night was the same for me:

Dealt AA on 2nd hand, I raise, someone comes over the top, I call, they have AA, we split the 50 dead money in chips.

5 hands later dealt KK, raise it up, guy next to me comes over the top. I call, he has KK, I laugh only to watch the A,Q,J,and 10 of clubs fall to give him a royal flush.

I struggle up and down over the next 20 tournies and then in the last one I play i have my trip JJ busted by tirp AA and i'm down to 65 chips on level 2 9 handed. I manage to somehow grab the chip lead and lose HU when my AQ runs into AK and take 2nd which is a major accomplishment.

Total tally for 20 tournies at the 30's for the day, +$15. With all that happened and with how jet lagged and tired I was from flying from the east coast to the west coast I took that as a MAJOR positive and went to bed.

Now i'm frothing at the mouth at work wanting to get back and play. Poker is just funny sometimes. I have never had AA meet AA and KK meet KK in the same SNG let alone within 6 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to make people dislike you?
Old 03-08-2005, 06:59 PM

I told people I was going to try to be nice, so thanks for handling that for me.

citanul