Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Hot 97... wtf were you thinking?

ancient pc your post makes no sense. are you using an ignorant asian's post to show that blatently making fun of a huge tragedy is ok?

anyways, this was the most horrible thing i have ever heard on radio. can you imagine the reaction from americans if someone made a song this offensive about 9/11? and of course the tsunami was much much more tragic than 9/11. what about if 200,000 african americans were killed by a sudden virus? retarded.

i couldnt believe she went off on that miss info girl like that for seperating herself for the most offensive radio bit in recent history. i hope they all get fired and dont find new jobs. people that dumb dont deserve work.

if howard stern got repeatedly fined and threatened, this event should get her entirely fired. i will be shocked if sterns show is viewed worse than this.

jin killed it
Old 01-26-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Miss Jones is an ignorant racist but I believe this whole thing is blown out of proportion.

[/ QUOTE ]

how was it blown out of proportion? nothing happened to her. the gave a half assed apology. she wanst even suspended.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:07 PM

Opie and Anthony got fired for way less than this. Twice. And they were actually funny.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Miss Jones is an ignorant racist but I believe this whole thing is blown out of proportion.

[/ QUOTE ]

how was it blown out of proportion? nothing happened to her. the gave a half assed apology. she wanst even suspended.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder why nothing happened to her. Wonder if the station thinks she'll sue if they let her go? What would she claim if she did sue? Racism?

sometimes people shouldn't be allowed to breathe.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:08 PM

The single fact that we're here discussing it on the forums is giving it more attention than it deserves.

I'm sure the station will lose sponsors, the DJ will be fined / fired / whatever in due time.

But when did American society give a [censored] what others think? It's when they start hate crimes that's a problem.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The single fact that we're here discussing it on the forums is giving it more attention than it deserves.

[/ QUOTE ]
huh? you have seen the other topics in this forum? obviously this is more worthy of discussion than 99% of the other topics here.

[ QUOTE ]

But when did American society give a [censored] what others think? It's when they start hate crimes that's a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very ignorant view of the process of racism. everything starts from bits like this. and when did american society start caring what people think? ummm.. civil rights movement? anyways i fail to see the logic here. i guess you are saying that its ok to espouse racism aas long as you dont physically hurt or kill someone?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:40 PM

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...61&cc=5901
Old 01-26-2005, 02:00 PM

I'll add my two cents:

I really think is an amazing case of stupidity, not necessarily racism. To say this on the air is such poor judgement that all these people should be fired immediately. Any manager who doesn't fire them should be fired immediately for equally poor judgement. It doesn't matter if they were joking or not.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:02 PM

Hey Paluka,

Not that I listen (oddly enough I follow the Radio Industry from my days of being infatuated with WNEW) but do you think Hot 97 went extra shocking because Starr and Buckwild are back on Power 105?

For thos who dont know. Starr was this dude who was on Hot 97 here, and actually beat Stern in the ratings here a few times, doing an Urban Shock Jock thing. He got fired for making fun of the death of Aliyah. He just came back and is now on Hot 97s direct rival.

I love the radio business, but I don't listen to the radio. Weirdness.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Paluka,

Not that I listen (oddly enough I follow the Radio Industry from my days of being infatuated with WNEW) but do you think Hot 97 went extra shocking because Starr and Buckwild are back on in Power?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea who these people are.