Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Moniter setup and Wrist/arm help for multitabler

Adde must be an IKEA-fanboi. Both the fan and the lamp you see a piece of in the background are from IKEA. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2005, 06:36 PM

Adde must be an IKEA-fanboi. Both the fan and the lamp you see a piece of in the background are from IKEA. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hehe. Actually, the fan is not IKEA. The lamp is, but I have thrown that ugly thing out since then, and replaced it with a better one. (And, uhum, that one's from IKEA too. I'm such a junkie.)

Adde
Old 06-29-2005, 06:39 PM

wow, my monitor height sucks!

one of those mouse 'tables' would be perfect. looks like its time to do a little remodeling.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am somewhat confused by this. if i look straight ahead i am looking at the top 30% of desktop space, are you saying i should be looking at like 50% of it?

i do a lot of hunching over, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are in the right spot. But now I realize this recommendation is for standard office work, and you utilize far more screen area constantly when multitabling than when working on a text document or spreadsheet. Try elevating the monitors a bit more. You should be forced to sit with a straight back when looking comfortably at your screens.

I've got a 21" monitor here, I'm 6'4" tall and the bottom of my actual windows desktop (ie, the bottom of the taskbar) is elevated almost exactly 16" above my desk. My eye level is 24.4" above the desk, so that puts it 68% up the vertical of the monitor.

This is sitting with 90 degree bends in knees, hips and elbow, with the lower arm resting on the desk. Shoulder is relaxed.

I might try raising my monitor another inch.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:45 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

just adjusted my monitors thanks rudbaeck,
Old 06-29-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, my monitor height sucks!

one of those mouse 'tables' would be perfect. looks like its time to do a little remodeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still want to get one of these babies. You really do. Your wrists will want to have my babies when you do.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:53 PM

you sure? that thing looks like some sort of workout device! i will give it a whirl i suppose. i need comfort. if i get that thing i suppose i don't need a wrist protector thing? I'm gonna rig up my set up later tonight and see how it goes.

btw, i typed this message buck naked. time to jump in the shower!
Old 06-29-2005, 06:55 PM

wow! $75? is that normal or can i find them cheaper?

morgant can i have a loan?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:05 PM

You still want to get one of these babies. You really do. Your wrists will want to have my babies when you do.

Looking great. Do you know if any dealers in Uppsala sell them (so I can try it out before buying them cheaper from US)? Searched Alina and Tricom websites with no success.

Any cons (besides not being wireless)?

Adde
Old 06-29-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the screens at the proper height? If you look straight ahead your eyes should be about 75% up the vertical height of the monitor. (Almost everyone has their monitor too low, causing them to hunch over.)

Get a vertical mouse, I like the ones from Evoluent. Least retraining for a 'new' pointer device. You hold it in a hand-shake grip instead of in the traditional supinated position. Which atleast stop your forearm bones from grating together against your wrist.

Is your chair good? And is the proper height compared to your desk? If the soles of your feet are flat against the floor your knees should bend at 90degrees, and when your upper arm is vertical your elbow should bend at 90degrees when gripping the mouse.

Tried out other chairs? Some people love the kneeling chairs, as well as the bizarre inflatable ball chairs. The Aeron is off course a good baseline.

Get a left handed mouse, preferably a vertical one as well. Get a couple of different trackballs. I'm particularly fond of the ones you can attach to one hand, and run with the other. Lets you vary position alot.

With a host of different pointing devices, and a strict regimen of upper body and back workout you can probably avoid RSI as a full time online pro. Probably. Atleast long enough for a revolution of input devices that don't make people into cripples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or just hire a midget to click the mouse for you. "Raise to 22 on table 1" "Fold table 2".....