Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Re: **Sigh**

If you do spike your set, it brings a 4 straight. You can't think that those 4 outs are clean.

T
Old 02-10-2004, 10:37 PM

Well, this situation is uncomfortable, as you figured out.

On the flop, I'd definitely bet. You might have the best hand. If you don't, you have one sure out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and various other possible outs. The pot is big. You have to stick a bet out and hope everything works out for the best.

On the turn, I guess you probably should call as you did. The pot is still big, but not enormous. It would be pretty bad if you raised and got 3-bet. I hate giving ALL those people such a cheap card, though.

On the river, calling is perfect. You certainly aren't folding. Raising is probably wrong because there is only one player behind you, and the only hand he might call with for one bet but fold for two that you don't beat is an eight.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:33 PM

Ed,

Thanks for the comments. I think betting the flop is the right choice. I was like a deer in the proverbial headlights. I thought I might have the best hand, but I figured if I bet I would get called by half the people in this community pot and I still wouldn't know where I stood. The button bet always looks like you are trying to steal the pot. Honestly I was ready to fold, but when it was checked around it changed the dinamics a bit.

Just one of those difficult hands I guess...worked out for the best.

TheRake
Old 02-10-2004, 11:37 PM

I thought I might have the best hand, but I figured if I bet I would get called by half the people in this community pot and I still wouldn't know where I stood. The button bet always looks like you are trying to steal the pot.

This doesn't matter. The pot is big, and you have a vulnerable hand that has a decent chance to win. Bet. If anyone folds, you make money.

Betting isn't designed to help you "know where you stand." Sometimes it has that side-effect, but too many people seem to think that that's the point of betting.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to think the 8d is no good

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I might diagree [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TheRake
Old 02-10-2004, 11:49 PM

I bet out on the flop. If you get checkraised you're pretty sure you're up against a flush so you can proceed with caution. This would probobly make you and extra bet on the river b/c you would probobly fold most 8's on the flop, so you can raise w/more confidence.