Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: The new AleoMagus Spreadsheet is here!

Can it fit more than 750 games per sheet? 1000 would be good. 5000 would be really really good.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen it all yet but I can see a little bug in the money tab/stats, for types of tournaments that I have never played, like 10$STT, it thinks I am down one buy in and show a total profit of $-11 in that case...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a holdover from the original spreadsheet -- I remember that happening before. The workaround is just to go into the tab for that level and zero out the buy-in and vig cells.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can it fit more than 750 games per sheet? 1000 would be good. 5000 would be really really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main problem with this is that a ton of row really slows down the calcs. That said, some people have a big enough machine to handle it. If you do, check the readme tab:

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this can be a bit tricky if you are not familiar with excel but basically you will need to insert and copy new rows in both the entries sheet AND in the Data rows of the Stats sheet. It is actually not that difficult, simply hilight the row numbers on the far left and right click. Select insert. As many rows as you hilighted should insert. After this, hilight the info that you need to copy and right click. Select Copy. Hilight all of the inserted rows and right click. Select Paste. If you do this correctly in both the entries page and the Stats page, it should correctly add functional new rows.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-25-2005, 10:40 AM

Thanks but that might as well be written in Russian. I had to get someone round just to show me how to start the thing. Not to worry.

Privet!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:02 AM

Understood -- if you want a 1000 row (or 5000 row) spreadsheet, just PM me your e-mail and I'll be happy to send you one.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:43 PM

I'm starting to really like this new spreadsheet, thanks guys. My only concern at the moment is the Yearly Profit that simply doesn't show at all. Could it be because my 22s sheet misses most starting times, since I didn't use to bother? The 33 and 55 don't show up either even though they are filled in properly... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 02:17 PM

Thanks. Good stuff.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:32 PM

I can't quite understand the problem, but check to see you have the buy-in and vig filled in correctly at the top of the sheet where you've entered the tournaments.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:24 PM

Ok let me re-explain: the stats for each individual buy in are working fine, so are the 'overall' and 'Money' tabs. The trouble I am having is with the 'year' graph wich is completely empty.

One clue as to why this might (emphasis on 'might') is the fact that my local variable is set to french and maybe the dates get messed up? I checked the data that the graph is meant to use and it is empty. I don't know that much about excel but i don't think I've messed up with the sheet other than renaming the tabs and adding a few fields for mysekf.

Any thoughts on this issue? If it helps I could upload the sheet if the creators wanna see it.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know whether this works with the OpenOffice spreadsheet software? It appears to recognize and open the SnG document, but I haven't tested whether the calculations and features work properly. Since I haven't yet used the spreadsheet, I'm probably not a good person to test it using OpenOffice. Any volunteers? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I use OpenOffice. I think all the numbers are correct, but some of the graphs didn't seem to work. It took *forever* to save it, and was slow opening and converting it too, even if i saved it as open office format. Basically I got fed up with it and gave up. I had never used the spreadsheet before, but from what I could tell all the numbers were correct.