Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: MultiTable vs moving up in limits ???

There are some great posts here on auto-rating players. I think there's also a webpage out there that can help but I have no links for you =( Do a search for autorate or auto-rate and see if you can find it. Makes PT so much more worthwile.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:43 PM

I finally got around to installing playerview on my pokertracker. I works great but was a big pain to get going as the .Net download was tough to find and install for some reason. The software forum on this site has all you need to know about playerview. It was well worth the effort I must say. Why I didn't do this earlier I'll never know!

Pokertracker.com has a forum and downloads to get your auto-rate function going which you will need to do before anything else.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:13 PM

I'm not sure if someone said this yet, so be forewarned.

I wouldn't move up AND add tables at the same time. Both can be overwhelming and doing them together is probably a bad idea. I just moved from 4 to 6 tables and I dropped down and played 1,000 hands at .5/1 then 1,000 at 1/2 and I've played about 2,000 at 2/4. I'll probably go back to 3/6 next time I play but I think that the move was really good since it allowed me to relax a bit more while I was getting used to the new setup.

If you're only playing 1 table now I'd reccomend adding more before moving up. Multitabling is an important part of playing online and you should get used to it now.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the advice. I 3-tabled all last night and definitely would have done better if I was two-tabling. At one point I went on a tear and was up 100BB but by the time the pillow called I was only up 10BB. I really played badly in a number of the losing pots and three tabling had something to do with it. (Other factors were fatigue, beers and a mai tai. Should I admit this? I need to call my sponsor...)

However now that I've played 3000 hands at 1/2 I'm finally playing my normal game now that I'm used to the $$ shock and slightly different play. I dread the idea of going back down and having to readjust when I go back up again. Maybe I'll go back down and four-table for a while to really make the most out of it. Three tables just feels unbalanced. LOL.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:42 PM

If you feel like its too much then definitely play fewer games. Weird thing though, I feel like playing 6 rather than 4 has been awsome for me. I had a ton of downtime playing 4 and consequently spent more time focusing on AIM/2+2/iTunes/other random [censored] while I was playing than actually focusing on poker. Once I started with 6 and cut down the extra time a bit I really focused a lot better.

Do what's best for you though (obviously). Multi-tabling is a skill, just like any other skill. It takes time to learn, so don't get frustrated.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:53 PM

Do a micro-limit search for the thread titled "Notes on Notes". You'll find lots of information and a sample set of auto-rate rules.

WARNING: be sure to read the whole thread. It's long but there's information in there about a few typos on bison's auto-rate recommendations.

I too was flummoxed by PT but have gotten used to it. Just play with it -- it is such a powerful tool. I haven't tried the GT+ thing but I think I will as I'm considering moving up to 2 tabling now that I've played 2,700 hands.