Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: AQo hell

When you are reraised, what are you beating here? Well, you might be in a coinflip against Jacks. If he's not a donk, that's the best you can hope for. Otherwise you're calling a bet dominated. So I fold AQ against a reraise here.

Once you're in the hand, you need to play it a lot stronger than you did because your bets reek of weakness (another reason to fold PF - you hit the flop as well as you could reasonably expect, TP2K, and you're still scared). You price in draws and a smart villain will sense your weakness and make you make a tough decision even if you have the best hand.

As played, you have to bet at least $10 on the flop. AK will let you know he's there and then you can shut it down.

I wouldn't have bet the turn at all and even thinking about being in the hand at the river makes my head hurt. There's no way you're ahead here. Your only hope is that the person with the heart sees your small bet as a value bet with a boat and folds instead of looking you up, unlikely at this level.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:20 AM

All in all, a hellacious hand. A friend of mine was watching the hand and after the BB reraised preflop, I told him (teaching him the game) that based on his stats (one previous session too) I would easily lay it down unless both UTG and Button called.

I bet so weak on the flop so I could exit the hand easily. I admit it is a very poor strategy but I didn't want to bet the pot on the flop because if BB flat called and UTG pushed, I would still have tremendous odds to call and be in an even stickier situation. I was begging to be raised throughout the hand and it never happened. On the river, I honestly put BB on AK and prayed it wasn't Ax Kh. I suppose if he has that I want to check and hope he bets but I duno.

not to whine but i had just lost with AA on an A9Tr flop to JJ all in on flop (KQ)

my head was spinning and this AQ hand made me sick for 15 minutes after i played it.

[b]Both villains folded the river and their hands will forever be a mystery.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:22 AM

check the flop and see what kind of action happens. if BB leads out and there are any callers/raisers, you'll have more information than what you got by making a weak lead. the ideal situation would be him making a continuation bet and everyone else folding...you MIGHT be ahead then.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:34 AM

I really don't think BB would make a cont bet into 2 players behind with an underpair here. His stats were not only tight but very weak tight. If it checks around, then what's my plan?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think BB would make a cont bet into 2 players behind with an underpair here. His stats were not only tight but very weak tight. If it checks around, then what's my plan?

[/ QUOTE ]
probably bet...
Old 10-07-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worse hands fold? There's nothing to draw to. Are you saying bet less so that AKo calls? "Worse hands fold" refers to turn bets or the size of a river bet. Are you suggesting i check/call to induce a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

That comment was about the river bet. I am suggesting that check/calling is better than betting. But better than both of those I think is check/folding

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand that I beat bets the river if I check yet didn't raise the flop or turn?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:43 AM

I'm still dying for someone to put them on hands....UTG = weak ace? BB = KK or AK?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hand that I beat bets the river if I check yet didn't raise the flop or turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, maybe KK no heart from BB who realizes you have an ace. I think the chances of some one bluffing the river are near zero.

But I also think the chances you get called by AK no heart are near zero. Maybe betting is better than check/calling, maybe

But the important thing is check/folding is the move
Old 10-07-2005, 11:45 AM

That'd be my guess
Old 10-07-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still dying for someone to put them on hands....UTG = weak ace? BB = KK or AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB=KK, UTG=baby flush, maybe weak A