Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 01:43 AM

Default Re: I predict...

The Chargers weren't severely outgained. The total yardage was remarkably close. The Chargers also have a "secret weapon" in TE Gates. This guy gives them another weapon to go with LT (who caught 100 passes last year). With Gates and LT, the wide outs, who were shut out in the first half, actually caught some balls in the second, and looked okay. They went into Houston and beat them and Breese looked pretty good, so I think Chargers are not the worst team in league, but rather just an average bad team. Oh, and rookie kicker can kick it straight, (PK Nate Keading 3rd round pick, nailed 48 yarder first NFL kick letter perfect hit another one, much needed improvement).

NY Jets should shread Chargers young and bad d. Martin looked incredible. (he doesn't fumble) Chargers should be able to score vs. Jets, but not enough. Good team vs. Bad, I like the Jets to cover on the road, although I am always wary betting against a home dog. Jets beat chargers in SD two years ago, like 40-7 or something, Charger remember, but Jets killed them, SD was 5-0, finished 8-8).
Old 09-16-2004, 12:49 PM

Default Re: I predict...

[ QUOTE ]
The Chargers weren't severely outgained. The total yardage was remarkably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I hadn't actually looked at the final stats, I was going by the stats they were showing during the game which didn't include the final two drives. I think what I said before is still true (offense is better then people guessed, defense may be worse), but I see their passing attack wasn't as bad as I thought.