Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: 3/6 AK on the river

[ QUOTE ]
You really think a guy with 0.30 agg will CR me with a hand I cant beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
[ QUOTE ]
Imo this guy is waiting to the river or the turn to pop me if he has a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have some kind of read such as "likes to wait until big streets to get raises in with big hands." From the information you have given us it seems like this guy told you with the flop c/r he has something that beats you. He is not the bluffing or even the semibluffing type.
[ QUOTE ]
This is imo a pure bluff or a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]He could be bluffing but with what you provided I don't think he is doing it often enough to justify you calling in this small pot. A small pair beats you and if he has something like 55, T8, T7, 98 or something like it he may have a straight draw to go with it. You may be vunerable to a redraw if you hit an A or K on turn.
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I didnt call the river was because I probably couldnt beat a bluff anymore.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think he's bluffing and but you do still beat a few bluffs.
[ QUOTE ]
You all seem to give credit to this donk so perhaps I should start doing it too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Donks get lucky too. Just because he's a fish and plays poorly doesn't mean he doesn't have a better hand than you here most of the time.