Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: AKo drawing on monotone board - turn?

[ QUOTE ]
Even if CO has us beat, we still have more than 25% equity in this 4way pot. Unless you think people will fold out, you can 3bet this turn, especially since you are ahead of 2 pair, or the unknown CO being a maniac here somewhat often.

I have noticed that almost all maniacs post instead of waiting for the blinds to come around at this level. Doesn't mean a whole lot, but something to consider.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think about it, but yeah.. only MP1 left to act. Whether he would call 3 cold is a toss up. Not too worried about the UTG+1 poster who bought in tiny.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:50 PM

I think it's close but I lean towards a call. You need about 11.5 outs to make the raise profitable. 13 unseen cards improve your hand to the likely best, but it's even more likely that your opponents share Aces and Hearts with you. This is the most weak/tight advice I may have ever given, but I don't think your PE is high enough if you read your opponents for having Aces, Kings, and Hearts in their hand.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. So Hero three-bets and CO caps, and Hero does not hit anything on the river. What do we do then? The pot is huge, but is there any way Hero is ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking at the time and I thought for a while. Other posters have brought up the major points. Even if behind, which is likely to CO, I think a raise is best.

Results:
<font color="white">
I called, MP1 called 2 cold.

River: Th

UTG+1 checks, I check, MP1 checks, CO bets, UTG+1 calls, I raise, MP1 calls, CO calls, UTG+1 calls all-in.

UTG+1 shows 7h Tc, MHIG, everyone else mucks. Wish I could've known what CO had.

Is the check-raise right here given the action and no reads on CO? I'm not sure even if he had the Qh that he could 3-bet. I think I'm leaning towards this being bad also; I risk the very bad check-through and guaranteed bets from anyone holding hearts (after all that's why they are at river). </font>
Old 08-25-2005, 06:03 PM

The flop is nice. But I think you are either way ahead of CO with who has a worse Ace, or behind Aces up and way behind a flush. I like the flop 3 bet because with all those players your equity to the nut flush is great.

By the turn I just want to see a cheap and hopefully heartwarming river. I usually lead when I am the aggressor, but I wonder if it is better to just c/c the turn. In all likelihood I bet, not that I know if that is optimum but its what I do, but I def just call a raise.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if CO has us beat, we still have more than 25% equity in this 4way pot. Unless you think people will fold out, you can 3bet this turn, especially since you are ahead of 2 pair, or the unknown CO being a maniac here somewhat often.

I have noticed that almost all maniacs post instead of waiting for the blinds to come around at this level. Doesn't mean a whole lot, but something to consider.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

The posting observation is quite interesting and something that I overlooked. Anyway, if we three bet we will probably keep UTG because he called two cold once on this street, he'll probably do it again. We may push out MP1.

How does this effect equity/chances of winning the pot? Usually we increase our chances by forcing someone out, but here I thought we were only concerned with CO being ahead.

And Jackapple, you should check your hand history because you can see what CO had, even though he mucked, it will be there because he showed down. This is cheap, but INCREDIBLY useful.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good point. So Hero three-bets and CO caps, and Hero does not hit anything on the river. What do we do then? The pot is huge, but is there any way Hero is ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking at the time and I thought for a while. Other posters have brought up the major points. Even if behind, which is likely to CO, I think a raise is best.

Results:
<font color="white">
I called, MP1 called 2 cold.

River: Th

UTG+1 checks, I check, MP1 checks, CO bets, UTG+1 calls, I raise, MP1 calls, CO calls, UTG+1 calls all-in.

UTG+1 shows 7h Tc, MHIG, everyone else mucks. Wish I could've known what CO had.

Is the check-raise right here given the action and no reads on CO? I'm not sure even if he had the Qh that he could 3-bet. I think I'm leaning towards this being bad also; I risk the very bad check-through and guaranteed bets from anyone holding hearts (after all that's why they are at river). </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit confused here. did you river a big flush or do you have top two pair? If you have top two, I think your river check-raise is insane. If you hit your flush and are sure that it will be bet, go ahead with the CR. Any doubt and I bet out.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And Jackapple, you should check your hand history because you can see what CO had, even though he mucked, it will be there because he showed down. This is cheap, but INCREDIBLY useful.

[/ QUOTE ]
At this place they only allow you to see histories for hands you're involved in and only up to the point you're still involved in them. And, if you muck on the river no one else can see your cards.

I manually typed in my OP with the "limited" hand history.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit confused here. did you river a big flush or do you have top two pair? If you have top two, I think your river check-raise is insane. If you hit your flush and are sure that it will be bet, go ahead with the CR. Any doubt and I bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[*]<font color="black"> Just Bet It </font>

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 06:48 PM

Gotcha. Sorry about that. Why would you play somewhere else? Sure, people can see my hands but I think the number of people congnizant of this makes it a bigger edge for me than against me.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:49 PM

lol nice.

Yeah I know, I f***ed up both those streets.
But if they will call cold like that maybe it isn't so bad [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]