Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Getting frisky with PP on double paired board

Posting blind:

Button, who is the turn aggressor, is the "kind of passive" guy who called 2 cold on a pretty dry flop. I probably fold this turn. If you were in position I'd say raise the turn and take a free showdown - charge draws and fold overs - but OOP you have to decide between calling and folding IMO.

Surf
Old 09-12-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you want to do this, fine, but call it what it is---a bluff to fold a six. (Feel free to correct me, but I think Button's range looks like 40% 6x, 40% Kx, 20% other.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is folding a 6 approx 0% of the time, so that would be a very poor bluff indeed. This raise is to charge draws / lower PPs / drive out overs. The problem is we are most likely behind here.

It's hard to put villain on an appropriate hand range without knowing more. If he really is passive, it is his turn bet that gives him away instead of his flop cold-call - he'll call with all sorts of stuff, but I think he only bets a K, 6, or 77-88. Those 2 PPs are very unlikely statistically so I'm folding the turn.

Surf
Old 09-12-2005, 05:19 PM

Yeah, that's why I would either bet/fold the turn or, much more likely, just fold the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 06:30 PM

Yeah. I agree with everyone that I should have folded. I almost convinced myself the raise was ok though [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

I got really mad with myself yesterday after this mistake and onetoher one just as bad or worse.

In hindsight I guess I tried to justify it as a self-defense mechanism.

I am pretty honest with myself, but judging from the last weeks (since I started keeping track of my mistakes) I some work on this. Or rather effort and goal-orientation.

What is important is that I improve. Not that I avoid making mistakes... by trying to rationalize them.

Thanks for all the input!