Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 04:33 AM

Default Re: wtf...is this legal?

Obviously your opponent knew beforehand that Pokerstars does this, and angle-shot you. Do you think I should sit at the 100/200 and try to get one of those guys to shoot me $20,000 if I lose a particular hand to them? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 04:41 AM

So, you cash out your account and go play at Party, UB, True, Absolute, etc, etc. AND send the email to Lee. AND don't go back.

Pretty simple. As it is, that's about all the excuse I need to not play there.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing in a $100 HU on stars today, and the other player, named Glassworks, asks for $10.50 if he loses. Jokingly, i say "yes" just to [censored] with him. Anyway, I win. Two hours later i check my history and it turns out $10.50 from my account was sent to him. I never authorized this, and I think stars support did it. They never asked for my authorization and just sent him money.

wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should be careful about BSing other people. This other guy probably thought that you were legitimately accepting a chop/save. If you don't want to, just say no!

I think PS' decision is correct. It protects the players that actually do want to chop. Otherwise, someone could say "yes" to a chop, and then not hold up to their end of the bargin.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:59 AM

I have nothing important to say, but this is freakin hilarious.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:28 AM

http://www.pokerstars.com/tournamentsrules.html

Rule #17

Deals:
If all remaining players in a tournament agree to split the prize money according to an agreed formula of their choosing, PokerStars will accept this agreement and transfer the funds after notification by all parties to the agreement.

It is the players' responsibility to determine total agreement. Chat records alone will not necessarily validate an agreement.

Only players at the final table may deal for the money, and no deal is allowed that does not include all remaining players.

Dealing for Tournament Leader Board points is not allowed. Doing so may result in the revocation of all awarded Tournament Leader Board points for the deal making players in the tournament.

PokerStars will not participate in the deal making process, but will execute the agreement if the previous conditions are met.

If you wish to make a deal, please email support with the subject line: "Tournament # (insert tournament number) chop: URGENT" and support will come to the table to ensure a smoothly arranged deal.

I Can't believe this. Clearly, the official pokerstars rules state that chat records cannot enforce deals. However, support does it anyway and flat out lies to me saying that it was the standard thing to do. Wow...
Old 05-27-2005, 09:04 AM

I can certainly sympathise with your feelings in this one but a also see PokerStars point of view.

If you simply said "yes, you can have your 10,50" you comitted yourself to that agreement.

If you would have said, "sure whatever and would you like the keys to my car too?" I would say that support should have seen that it was said in a sarcastic way.

Either way, if it would have happened to me I would have been seriously upset too and I'm sure I would have fallen for it too.

I'm happy you posted this thread so it won't. Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 09:44 AM

$10.50 is a pretty cheap way to find out that this can happen. Why not just move on?
Old 05-27-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$10.50 is a pretty cheap way to find out that this can happen. Why not just move on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you can't let people get away with crap like this. That's what's wrong with our society.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you can't let people get away with crap like this. That's what's wrong with our society.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is probably a couple of other things in our society that we might want to address before we get to $10.50 poker account transfers.

However, I do think this is crazy. Sounds to me like PokerStars is an angle-shooter's paradise. Buyer Beware.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:46 AM

Yet another reason to never type in that little box.