Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Logging data

Don't try to count to 100, you'll miss some hands. Pull your hand history regularly (PokerTracker will skip specific hands that it has already imported). PokerTracker has a Auto-Request Hand Histories feature (the hand icon on the toolbar). If you leave it running in the background pulling 100 hands every 45 minutes, you should be fine.
Occasionally requesting hand histories through Party doesn't work. They say that you should receive the email shortly, and it never shows. I haven't had this problem in a few months, but if I don't get the email within a few minutes, I re-request it.
After 100 hands, if you haven't gotten them from Party, you'll never see them again. They will only provide you with you last 100, even if you ask them nicely in e-person. I'm pretty sure that they don't store histories locally (at least for any extended period of time). The just added the session history feature which you can access from the table, which may have been what those HHF files were, but they probably get deleted when you leave the table, log off, log on, or something like that.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:48 PM

Default Re: First weekend of online real money play went well

Congrats on a good first weekend and welcome to the fish pond that is PartyPoker.com. I just have a couple of tips that may help you get started in a winning way. First, being aggressive is a winning way of playing poker, but you still need to pick your spots. There are so many poor players on party that being aggressive more than not is still going to keep players in the pot. Be selective preflop and use your position. Plan on having to showdown every hand your in. Especially in .50/1.00.

Also, to help remember what other palyers are doing left click on the players name and use the 'player notes' option. The information will stay on whatever computer you're using. That information can be accessed everytime you encounter the same player. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Sorry, didn\'t realize you knew so much

I am merely stating what I saw in PP's stats page. If you have such a problem with respectful dissention that you need to get sarcastic, then I will not miss your replies to my posts.

Edit: That said, I suppose it is conceivable that there was a delay between the time I earned the 200 hand bonus, and the time party awarded the bonus. Grats, you win, hope your ego feels better.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I stopped looking at my hand count after I acquired my bonus (200 hands), and just guessed around 250.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the reason for the discrepancy: that's 200 raked hands you played, as that's what Party Poker keeps track of for bonuses. Since the pot needs to reach $5 for them to rake it, and at .5/1 it only gets to $5 about 60% of the time, that 200 raked hands is probably more like 300-350 actual hands played.

-Nate
Old 02-03-2004, 06:51 PM

Aha! Thank you for clearing that up Nate.

PS: I am UIUC alumni, now living in Hawaii. How's the weather in Champaign? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 07:10 PM

Hah! Saying you're in Hawaii and asking about the weather in Champaign in February is crueler then cruel. I think it got up to 18 degrees today. Hurrah.

Although, I guess the cold is sort of a motivator to do well in class - so one day I can be rich and afford to move somewhere warm! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]