Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Kerry Lies : About Everything

He claims he is a senator, I think I don't think he is lieing about that.

Stu
Old 08-18-2004, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Tracker puts up a post that almost immediately gets ignored by any sane reader since so many of those quotes are clearly not lies. Let me give some advice to posters who like to make posts like that- hardly anybody likes to listen to that type of droning. Even if you were 100% right, your arguement isn't going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to have to help me out here with your thought process because it is not coming clear to me.

"Nobody likes to listen to that kind of droning."

What droning? You say that if it is some long winded boring article. These are all actual quotes (very quick to read) made by the leaders of this country within the last 4 years. Took me maybe 2 minutes to read the whole post.

"Even if your 100% right your arguement isn't going to work."

This one really confuses me. You are saying here that if I am correct, and we have been lied to by the Bush administration since the day after 9/11, that the arguement is still no good? What would it take for someone like yourself to be convinced that GWB has put a very ugly scar on the face of America?
Does he himself have to come on national TV and state "Cheney and I are bald faced liars, and we have made a huge mistake!"
Old 08-18-2004, 10:29 PM

Default Tracker, You Have Zero Credibility with Your Post......

....because, as MMM pointed out, you failed to include similar assertions by both Clintons and Kerry himself. What exactly is YOUR agrgument here? How can the same statements be a lie for the Bush administration, but not for the Clinton administration or for Kerry. The sad truth is: Kerry has been on both sides of every issue. If this is the best the Demogogues....oops Democrats....can do, this is a very sad indictment for that party
Old 08-18-2004, 11:22 PM

Where did I bash the President? I commented on one of his deceptions.

Here is what Bush said: "Knowing these realities, America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof - the smoking gun - that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud." [Remarks by the President on Iraq, White House (10/7/2002)]

As for Kerry's poorly worded statement that he voted for the $87 million before he voted against it: Imagine you're a Senator during wartime. The military has requested $87 billion of further funding for their missions overseas. Strangely, your president hasn't asked financial sacrifice of his citizens to fund the wars -- he's continuously pushed for almost a trillion dollars in tax cuts, despite growing national deficits and debts.

This is the dilemma that faced Kerry. He made the choice to fully fund the military's request, but in a fiscally responsible way. He co-sponsored an amendment to the $87 billion bill, which funded the military by rolling back an equal amount from Bush's tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. Kerry voted for the responsible version of the bill. But his amendment was defeated by a vote of 57 - 42, because a majority of lawmakers thought taking on more debt was a better choice for the nation than rolling back tax cuts for the wealthy.

Kerry protested this fiscal irresponsibility by voting no on the other version of the bill, which is now law and is being funded by the federal government borrowing more money. This is the source of Kerry's quote that "I actually voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it." Bush himself threatened to veto the $87 billion Kerry voted for because it limited the most well-off Americans' tax cuts. What Kerry voted against was financing the war with borrowed money.

GWB said Kerry lies about everything. I actually think he's probably right because all national politicians lie. That's how they get into office. I brought up Iraq because for Bush to say that Kerry was deceitful on Iraq would be a texbook example of the pot calling the kettle black (or however that expression goes).
Old 08-18-2004, 11:27 PM

I don't see where Kerry said you are lying, Mr. President.

If, on the other hand, Kerry is saying that you misled the public about Iraq, he's telling the truth. Certainly your mushroom cloud remark was a whopper, and, with all due respect, sir, terribly irresponsible.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:30 PM

BTW, Kerry says Bush personally misled him into casting his vote to support the war by indicating that the administration would exhaust diplomatic options before using force. In fact, Kerry said several Middle Eastern leaders, including Saudis, had told him the Bush administration was committed to war more than a year before the actual invasion. But he set aside his concerns after receiving assurances from President Bush. Kerry says that "evidence is mounting significantly that they made a decision, then framed an argument to support it."

This is always the case when a government decides to go to war. It is amazing to me the lengths to which defenders of yours go to deny it.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:41 PM

"I don't see where Kerry said you are lying, Mr. President."

Excuse me for butting in, Andy, but I don't think that was the question. GWB asked for an example of where Kerry didn't lie. You said Kerry didn't lie about Iraq. Then GWB provided a quote of Kerry's, to wit:

"Sen. John F. Kerry said, on Jan. 23, 2003, "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real.""

So if Bush lied about Iraq, so too did Kerry.

"If, on the other hand, Kerry is saying that you misled the public about Iraq, he's telling the truth. Certainly your mushroom cloud remark was a whopper, and, with all due respect, sir, terribly irresponsible."

So Kerry's remark "So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" was not "terribly irresponsible" too??? Vlad Putin's warning to the USA about Iraqi WMD's was not "terribly irresponsible"? German Intelligence was not "terribly irresponsible" in stating a handful of years ago that Iraq would have nuclear weapons "by 2005 at the latest"? Jacques Chirac was terribly irresponsible in saying Saddam had WMD (but he just wanted to give the inspections "time to work")? Hillary Clinton? Etc., etc., etc???

Andy, I know you try to be fair as a general rule and principle, but the fact is that just about everybody in positions of power and knowledge around the free world was saying that Saddam had WMD. Yet you and other Dems are singling him out to be called a liar over it. If that isn't unfair, I don't know what is.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:28 AM

Excuse me but I have to butt in and provide some rationality to this thread.

The real question is this: Who is the better liar?

This will be answered, I assume, late on November 2, 2004 by the marvelous process of democracy. When the throbbing masses have their say.

Now, let’s all get back to viewing the Brazilian babes and their cute butts. That is something worth doing.

-Zeno: Rationalist and Misanthrope.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:34 AM

Default I don\'t know about Kerry but..

I know that if GWB's nose was like Pinocchio's, he'd look like some ridiculously long ass snake that was digesting a man. And at least Kerry can string two sentences together that make sense in the English language.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:30 AM

Default Your behind + Toaster = One Ugly Breakfast

"I was going over all the things Kerry has lied about or distorted about himself and his positions. I can't think of anything he has been completely truthful about."

That's a hoot! I have began a series of posts whereby YOUR lies will be exposed - and what's more the demonstration is being backed by sources, with links to boot. This week it is about your lying on Taxes. (One of your favorite subjects for lying.)

It is very revealing that you, on the contrary, have nothing to offer except whime that "the other side lies too"! All you can come up with are pathetic generalities and absurd claims. No back-up, no substance, nothing.

Get ready for one long, long vacation, starting next January.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]