Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2004, 08:41 PM

Default Re: What am I up against?

In a typical $5 game, I would expect pusher has A2-AT.

On the off chance that he limped with AK/KK (not that unlikely really) I'd be shocked if he didn't smooth call UTG+1's raise. I can't even remember the last time I've seen someone fast play a monster at $5.

AJ/AQ are automatic PF raises for most of these guys so I'm not too worried there.

That said I wouldn't be surprised to see Kx either.

Anyway, it doesn't matter as his range of hands include tons that you beat. This ones an autocall for me.

To your higher limit question: I don't play above $10 but if you were playing good opponents I really don't think you'd see this hand...ever.

Think about it, you have one ace, there's two on the board, UTG+1 represents another one, and UTG+2 pushes with what, the 5th ace? The action on this hand is just weird.

If you're bored assume that all players in the hand are good players, and try to put them on sensible holdings. I don't know if I can given most decent players aren't going to semi-bluff QJ OR think their underpair is good with 7 to the flop.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:58 PM

If you start to think to take for granted that you are better than them, your play gets sloppy. I know that. But at the same time, you have to realize that people suck, and sometimes, they just show you horrible stuff which makes it very hard to lay down good hands, not great awesome 1337 set hands, but good hands.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:44 PM

this is an automatic call @ $5 + $.50. you just have to take the bullet if it hits you. players at this level will raise with damn near any Ax hand and K J+-type holding, especially if it's suited. in this case, everybody limped. pull out the sawed-off and blast back.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:21 AM

I can't see why you would get away from this hand. I'm calling here almost everytime for the same reasons listed before.

Only my opinion,

Zephyr