Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: I knew it...eventually a machine would take my job

Range changes with level.

Lori
Old 02-26-2005, 11:15 AM

I just watched that thing get first place. Interesting.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:30 AM

Someone want to PM me the name of the player. I would like to see this bot in action
Old 02-26-2005, 11:32 AM

I wouldn't normally post it, but it's all over the forum anyway [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

saabpo

Lori
Old 02-26-2005, 11:34 AM

unreal, him/her/it just made the money in the first $20 sng i watched it play....knocked out in 3rd when pocket deuces ran up against pocket 10's
Old 02-26-2005, 11:40 AM

Posted this in the other thread about this guy, but I'm so proud of it that I now post here as well:

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I've followed the guy for a short while. I don't know if I'm the only one who've noticed this, but he uses the exact same time for every fold (17 blinks by the small yellow arrow), and the exact same time (23 blinks by the small arrow) every time he chooses to go allin. A few of the decisions were really easy, like calling an allin from a shortstack with KK with 7 players left in the tourny (blinds 100/200).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-26-2005, 11:42 AM

I hate to admit it but this (coupled with a bad streak and a very nice discovery elsewhere) is a reason why I'm not playing at Party* anymore.

It's not that I couldn't beat a bot or that I'm scared of bots being successful, it's that I see the future and Party's not it. They're both the biggest site and have the worst customer service, and that's scam artist and bot writer heaven. In the long run, if Party stays this easy to exploit they'll lose fish, and the rest of us will have to migrate to a site where we have to actually play poker rather than follow a strategy guide.

Besides, lately, I've realized I can win more by being a bigger shark in a smaller pond.

*Much. You still can't beat the limit games, and the higher limit SNG's are still bot proof. It's just that there's so little real postflop skill involved at Party that if and when the inevitable happens, I'd rather have developed the game to succeed elsewhere.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
unreal, him/her/it just made the money in the first $20 sng i watched it play....knocked out in 3rd when pocket deuces ran up against pocket 10's

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah I was watching that personally I think pushing the 2's was wrong but maybe im dumb.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:13 PM

i'm elliot_o watching the game right now if anyone cares...i think i have the bots strategy completely written out now
Old 02-26-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Posted this in the other thread about this guy, but I'm so proud of it that I now post here as well:

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I've followed the guy for a short while. I don't know if I'm the only one who've noticed this, but he uses the exact same time for every fold (17 blinks by the small yellow arrow), and the exact same time (23 blinks by the small arrow) every time he chooses to go allin. A few of the decisions were really easy, like calling an allin from a shortstack with KK with 7 players left in the tourny (blinds 100/200).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

23 blinks is correct, but at lower levels he folds in 9-11 blinks.

GG