Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on ZJ\'s post

like taking a homeless guy to lunch instead of giving him a few bucks and talking with him over a nice meal

my dad really liked you
Old 02-06-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. I currently have very little motivation to receive good grades.
2. I hate going to class.
3. I hate doing homework.
4. I hate studying.
5. I hate taking tests.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
12. I have matured far faster than I should have, and typical 19 year olds sometimes bore me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
17. I am able to prioritize very well, including between poker and my social life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 02-06-2005, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
like taking a homeless guy to lunch instead of giving him a few bucks and talking with him over a nice meal

my dad really liked you

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni han, sir.

scrub
Old 02-06-2005, 05:34 AM

Ni han, sir.

zank u [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2005, 05:35 AM

Jesus, who cares.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so what you are saying in 1-5 is that you are lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you idiot. How can people be this stupid? If I heard this every now and then, I would understand it. But this is how society thinks.

"Oh, you got bad grades? You must be lazy or stupid, most likely both." School is a waste of time for me. It's also very inefficient for me. When you work hard, it should be towards a goal. That goal could be to make money, to learn, to set up a future w/ your dream job, to help other people, to have fun, whatever. The bottom line is, for me, school isn't the best way to accomplish any of these goals.

Unlike you, I am an intelligent human being. If I read a psychology textbook, I don't need a lecture to reinforce the ideas in the book, or help me make sense of it. I read the book once, and I understand it. By learning the same way a few hundred other people learn in a lecture environment, I am slowing myself down. I am capable of learning much faster than that.

As I've said before, the degree is meaningless given my current goals in life. Maybe you can't comprehend this, but I don't want the same things in life that 99% of the population works their ass off for. A sweet job at the bottom of the promotion ladder is MEANINGLESS to me.

I guess there's no way to prove to you that I'm not lazy, but it isn't even close to the truth. I have met very few people in my life who are able to stop at nothing to accomplish a goal the way I am. When I delve into something, I don't do it half assed. I go all the way. The only example that would be meaningful to you would unfortunately be poker. If you think I have a lazy approach to poker, you clearly know nothing about me (I guess that much is already evident).

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling bullsh*t on 7-8. If you are so eager to learn certain things, then why not do so with the guidance of someone who has devoted his whole life to the subject and knows a lot more about it than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, college is for the masses. Most people are incapable of learning for themselves. I am not. If I mimicked your standard A student, I wouldn't learn much more at all, and I would spend maybe as much as 10x as much time as I need to to learn that material.

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations, you would rather kill yourself than be a productive member of society.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're posting on a gambling forum, and criticizing me because my primary source of income will not greatly contribute to society. What exactly is your point?

Are you trying to imply that I have no morals, or ethics? If so, your opinion is ill-founded, and I'm sure you have no evidence to back that up. Do some research on the Bonomo foundation, and see what comes up. You'd be surprised.

[ QUOTE ]
In college you basically have the ability to make your own schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand what "my schedule" is like. No institution on this planet has any program that could conform to it. I rarely stay on a 24 hour schedule like most people.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you care to elaborate on this

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm gonna say, is that it's ridiculously easy to make money if you are intelligent. Hell, you don't even need intelligence, just a good idea. A good friend of mine recently took 2 months of masseusse classes, and started off averaging about $25/hour. Less than 4 months later, he's making about $50/hour. Doing this for 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year comes out to exactly $100,000. This is just one example to make $100k from 1 source of income. If you allow it to come from multiple sources of income, it's even easier.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you an only child?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have a 22 year old brother who is the coolest person I have known in my life. I have also learned far more from him than from anyone else. He taught me how to think for myself, and you have no idea how grateful I am to have this gift.

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to be very confident in your own exceptionalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have a great deal of confidence. Is there something wrong with that? I also believe that I'm an exceptional human being. Is it safe to assume that you disagree?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry that all 19 year olds bore you your majesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice reading comprehension there. I get bored of the typical college lifestyle. Study during the week, and get drunk during the weekends. Throw some sex in if you're lucky. There's more to life than this, and I'm experiencing it right now, and loving every second of it.

I have a few questions for you. Why do you think you can pinpoint the exact kind of human being I am based on a few posts on 2+2? Do you not understand that there are many different people on this planet? A large percent of them are gifted in one form or another. It could be athleticism, innate artistic ability, ravashing good looks, whatever. My gift is my intelligence. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? Do you really refuse to believe that I'm significantly more intelligent than the average person? Actually, I believe if you took an IQ survery of most 2+2ers, you would find the average IQ here significantly higher than that of society. I have a suspicion that you don't understand why this would be true, but the answer is so obvious that I'm not going to even hint at it.

[ QUOTE ]
In sum:
You are young, lazy, and think that you are smarter than everyone else. Welcome to the club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just absolutely floored by your ignorance. You know nothing about me, yet you make these wild assumptions. I love how I come off as the stubborn one who knows nothing when we're talking about myself. Do you really think you know more about myself than I do?
Old 02-06-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess there's no way to prove to you that I am no lazy

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...what about this ginormous response you made
Old 02-06-2005, 05:44 AM

Old 02-06-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It could be athleticism, innate artistic ability, ravashing good looks, whatever. My gift is my intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not spelling, though.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:56 AM

You are right. I don't know you. My disclaimer at the beginning of my original post was genuine in that I did not intend my post to be directed at you personally. In my drunken state I thought it would be more interesting and fun to couch the debate in terms of a personal attack on you. The only reason I picked you is because you posted a list of 20 things that were easy to discuss. I basically intended to use you as a caricature of the typical drop out to poker pro poster. From reading your posts in the MTT forum I don't doubt your intelligence.

However, I do think that the implications of become a pro poker player are worth discussing (see www.rhymeswithjoker.com for the story of a typical lost soul). Unfortunately I have created a flame war instead. Oh well, that's the internet for you.