Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: KK w/ an A. twice. 100-200

[ QUOTE ]
however, i think you need to be more aggressive post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because...?

[ QUOTE ]
on the 1st hand i consider betting the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

How come?

[ QUOTE ]
i certainly bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 12-27-2004, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So just what hand do you like in a raised multiway pot? Do you just fold 100% of the time there might be more than 3 way action for more than 1 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play KK pre-flop with 3-way action for 2 bets, but once there are 4 or more people it's straight to the muck.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:17 PM

Hi Mike,
Hand 1:

Against most weaker opponents (ones who do not pay attention to your hand and your betting patterns and call 3-bets on the button with lord knows what) I am going to pay them off just like you did. For a stronger, tougher opponent I would smell a fish trap and lay them down.

Without any reads in hand 2, I think you played it right.

Playing KK after 3-betting when someone else raises and another player comes along for the ride seems to be the one of the hardest things for me to do well when an Ace hits the board. Multi-way I know I am doomed and often it's a laydown on the flop. Against 1 opponent I usually believe I am best until proven otherwise. But against 2 opponents is where I think my weak spot, especially if I am sandwiched in between.

Given this case, had the BB called the flop in hand 1, I think I would have laid my KK down fearing an A-x from the BB who is going into defensive mode.

How inclined should one be to laydown KK against 2 opponents provided it's a tough read against them?

Lawrence
Old 12-27-2004, 07:28 PM

i assume this is to me? in a multiway raised pot IF an A flops you need to proceed carefully. it is a judgement call based on the post flop action, the players etc. i love KK but when an A flops in a multiway RAISED pot it is often beat. sometimes you lay it down. sometimes you play it. as with everything in poker - it depends.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:54 PM

i consider betting the flop because the guy on his right who bet preflop, did not bet postflop, and he acted next. is the guy good enough to to check AK, or AA, i don't know, but i probably want to take the lead now. but i only said i consider it.

i bet the turn because no one has shown any strength.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:31 AM

i used to think this way too, I mean every time I had KK and an Ace would flop I would honestly muck it, but now I've found out that with experience there are times when its almost clear that the KK is the best hand on an Ace high board, it happens more often that you think; there are times when you can recognize this and I believe that in Mike l. hands at least one of them he won with KK if not both.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i consider betting the flop because the guy on his right who bet preflop, did not bet postflop, and he acted next. is the guy good enough to to check AK, or AA, i don't know, but i probably want to take the lead now. but i only said i consider it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you consider taking the lead?

[ QUOTE ]
i bet the turn because no one has shown any strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry I don't follow.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:56 AM

now i if i think i have the strongest hand, i take the lead.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:25 AM

now i if i think i have the strongest hand, i take the lead.

The complexity of your game astounds me.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:55 AM

Hand one I think the flop check is fine, although I think the turn is close between betting and checking. Considering you chose to check the turn, I really like the river check even though it's very likely you have the best hand. Perfect spot to induce a bluff on the river as the button is probably either on a stone cold bluff or he is full. He wont call a bet with a worse hand.

Hand two is a little trickier. Some might not agree but, depending on the BB and his tendancies I would lay down here some of the time. Most of the time I would play it as you did, but if the bb is a thinking player, he shouldnt really take UTG's flop check as weakness since you three bet him preflop and he would probably check the flop with an ace a lot of the time. It's not a real comfortable spot to lead out with something like qj. I think its a lot harder for him to be a steal or a worse hand here than it is in hand one. that being said, without player info, agaist an unknown I like the way you played it. Nice hands.