Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: sigh.....

[ QUOTE ]
And yeah, this jerkoff with the E Estevez account is annoying as hell.

[/ QUOTE ] if I had the ability to delete accounts, that one would be my first pick.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:36 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Seriously, let the retards keep this forum and make a new one for the more serious posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, Mat could make a moderator for this forum who's here all the time anyway *cough* TSC *cough* and let him delete all the bullshit that's been getting posted here lately.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:37 PM

I doubt that would happen, but it would be nice.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:44 PM

With 21,556 members at last count, it's only a matter of time before the forums need to have individual moderators. The general [censored] nature of the forum is no longer enough to keep the trolls and poor posters out because they're so interested in sucking their own dicks, and showing off to people that they don't care what all the respected members of the forum think. And now, as they start to mass, they like each other, which only leads to more support for the bad posters, so they think everyone here actually enjoys what they say.

PBNation's Small Talk did this nosedive about a year ago, and you can tell a big rift between anyone who registered before 2004, and everyone from then on. I hope that doesn't happen here, but the truth is, until EVERYBODY here makes some sort of effort to get the forum back on track, or Mat does something like make moderators, OOT is going to keep degrading.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:50 PM

yeah most forums I frequent have very active moderators, but they aren't gay like the QLC people. I think something needs to be done for a lot of the forums besides the poker strategy ones(for some reason those work very well).
Old 01-14-2005, 12:54 PM

In poker forums, the knowledgable posters won't respond to the shitty posts, and the morons are too worried about sounding stupid to give advice to any posts, let alone the bad ones. Unfortunately, there seems to be no fear of stupidity or shame in this forum.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:56 PM

haha, very true, but honestly thats fine. People should have fun in this forum, but not at the expense of everyone else.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOT is going to keep degrading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just OOT? Your being very optimistic.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:04 PM

Well, micro is going down a bit too, but I think that's a lot to with the number of new posters there. All new posters make the same mistakes (too many threads, not searching, bad content) but it's just the sheer number of them that have magnified the problem. All in all, they always seem to figure out how to turn it around thanks to Entity, Shill, spider, radek and the rest.

The Zoo is just a disaster, but it's a fun disaster so I really don't see too much happening there.

WPT is probably the worst forum of them all right now. I used to enjoy it back when Paul Philips would talk, and Sklansky would post reasonable questions, but now it's just everyone's lame top ten list or what they think of TILT.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:06 PM

The fee isn't necessary. More mods would help more than enough. I don't post on these forums all the time, but it's still easy to catch stuff.

Ignorning people always works too. And I don't mean mean to ignore them by "blocking" them.
Just don't respond to them.. at all.