Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: My heads up play is flawed..

[ QUOTE ]
First off, plenty of good posters here have more seconds than firsts over large numbers of SNGs. The structure of party poker SNGs sort of dictate that once you're heads-up, it's going to be a coin flip...

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, then you're playing incorrectly.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:10 AM

Pairs are good heads up, so are random aces and kings. Usually, heads up, neither person has anything. You should always be raising pre-flop when you're on the button (small blind) and raise the flop if it's checked to you no matter what hits. Even if you didn't hit anything, he probably hasn't either and will give it up. If he calls you and you don't have anything, he does. Be careful. If your opponent gets wise to what you're doing, and reraises you when you bet the flop in this position, wait until the turn to do it.
If you're up against one of those rediculous people that keeps raising and reraising, just wait until you get a hand to trap him with and trap him. It's generally pretty easy. Playing heads up takes practice. A lot of times a guy will play totally different heads up than he did earlier in the game when there were 6 or 7 players.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:39 AM

You guys are talking like there's a whole lot of postflop play and stuff heads up in a party SnG. It's usually just push or fold.

I have a question. If you'd know exactly what your opponents calling range is, would SnG Powertools always be right? For example, if you're heads up, in the small blind. You have 3000, he has 5000. Blinds are 250/500. If he calls with any two, you should push 51% of your hands. If he calls '22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs' you should push any two, according to SNGPT.