Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2003, 11:45 AM

Default Re: 4 jacks wired

I'd probably bet 4th, and would expect to take the pot right there 90%. It would be the same if you checked....they aren't calling you then, they aren't calling you later unless they get trips too. If you do get called on 5th, then I'd check. It's just too suspicious to check on a paired door card that is the high card on the table.

Bet 4th st, and see who really wants to play, then check 5th, and take their money on 6th and 7th. Hopefully they get a flush or a boat or something. But 90% of the time, I'm expecting to win the buyins.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:52 PM

Are you trying to teach me something? Or are you just practicing restating the obvious?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably bet 4th, and would expect to take the pot right there 90%. It would be the same if you checked....they aren't calling you then, they aren't calling you later unless they get trips too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, which is it? Bet and just get the antes, or check and hope someone makes a hand they can't fold?
Old 08-20-2003, 12:32 PM

I was trying to explain, poorly at that, that a checked high door card is too suspicious of slowplay. Play it like you would if you just had a pair of Js and nothing else, and that is what they will think, hopefully. I would bet 4th street because it's pretty much an autobet. They expect you to. If anyone calls, great. Hopefully they get a high card on 5th, and you can check, "fearing" a higher pair.

Sorry if my previous post was vague.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:47 PM

This is lower limit, so I'd like to hear how agressive the table is. I'd personally check here almost 100%, only if I had certified maniacs would I even consider a bet.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:11 PM

Bet gets fold closer to 99% not 90%. Check until 7th then bet (unless someone else makes open trips). Then they fold on 7th anyway, but sometimes back into a straight of flush and you get one bet more.

Remember there are no good hands, only good situations.