Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Shopping with Neteller - Store Open

Wasn't this a gold mine? I can't believe you closed up shop!
Old 11-14-2004, 05:49 PM

i would have certainly thought with christmas coming up..business would be booming.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:20 PM

bump in the hopes of some kind of a "going out of business get your gift certificates here" last week of sales.

Steve

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2004, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to pull the plug and enjoy my nights & weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike -

At the risk of sounding like an a-hole:

You made a post announcing the start of this venture and stated that you were looking for customers and suggestions.
Although this post was spam, it was accepted well by everyone because it benefitted both sides.

It would have been common courtesy to post a message stating that you were shutting down, rather than just pulling the plug and leaving people wondering.

SF
Old 11-15-2004, 10:16 AM

It would have been common courtesy to post a message stating that you were shutting down, rather than just pulling the plug and leaving people wondering.

at the risk of sounding like an a-hole, why in the world would you think that he has any obligation to do this?

he did not screw any customers.

if the business were so great that he owed it to a huge member base to give warning, then i would assume he would not be going out of business. therefore, apparently there was not enough profit to continue. if, OTOH he shut down because he did not want the risk of converting NETeller funds to gift certificates then i ask if you are a lawyer that was ready to defend him?

either way, he owed us no explanation. the assertion that he did does nothing but make him feel worse i'm sure. nobody was ripped off and he mentioned here that if someone wants to buy it they should speak with him. calling him out on closing the store without forum approval or an announcement seems harsh SF, and i don't remember you ever being anything buy a-ok.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:48 AM

At the risk of sounding like a paranoid a-hole. Will you be shredding all customer records?
Old 11-15-2004, 06:26 PM

Granny -

You are reading more into my post than what was there.

I never stated or implied anyone was screwed or ripped off.

I also never said that Mike needed to provide an explanation or seek our approval to close down his business.

However, he came to this forum soliciting for his business in a thread that is still active with 100+ posts and 5000+ views.

Aside from the Trolls that inhabit the board, this is a community of people that come here to learn, discuss and help each other.

Although he was under no obligation to do so, I still believe common courtesy would have been to post a message stating that the store had been closed down and all orders previously placed would be filled.

My post was not meant as a personal attack on Mike. I just feel the situation could have been handled better.

SF
Old 11-15-2004, 06:35 PM

My post was not meant as a personal attack on Mike

i knew that SF. and i knew you were not claiming he left anything unpaid. i guess all i was trying to say is that it is a tough thing to pour your heart and cash into a business and then have to close it (for whatever reason). i did not think you were attacking mike in any way, i guess i was just putting myself in his shoes and i don't think i would have announced either.

peace
Old 04-01-2005, 11:55 AM

Bump - someone was asking about the 'closed neteller store a couple of days ago'.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]