Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Nazism? Abuse of power on the WPT Forum!

[ QUOTE ]
And why were they not banned?

[/ QUOTE ]
He already said that multiple people from that thread were banned.

I am also interested to hear about the alleged "personal gain" one can acquire from suspending 2+2 posters for a few days.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Vince:

Vince, I agree with Clarkmeister and Rick Nebiolo: you are indeed a nice person. But, respectfully, you've gone off the deep end here. You've been on the precipice for some time.

Dynasty is the WPT moderator. Accept it. If you feel he's done something wrong, send him a PM, or Mason, whom I know you know personally. Calling him a Nazi and Hitler publicly here is beyond acceptability. Had I been the moderator on this forum, I would have banned you permanently. Your posts over the last few years have tended to contain insults and demeaning comments irrelevant to the issues under discussion. Quadnines/Mark Glover is long gone.

C'mon: you have, and can continue to do so, contributed constructively to our poker knowledge without namecalling. At one time you had your own forum here, it'd be a shame to lose you. I already feel we've lost the old Vince to the newer, angrier one. Please bring back the old Vince.

Regards,
Andy
Old 07-29-2005, 12:50 PM

The edge is he takes a guy he dislikes and tries to make him look like a troll and discredit him. He has the power to take advantage of his position to make me look stupid by banning me. and allowing others to continue to attack me. But if i attack back i will be banned. Basically its like this. If he sees threads where it makes me and vince look silly he leaves them for all to see. But if we respond to these posts we are accused of trolling and subject to ban. Yet the threads stand, the insults in the thread stand, and the posters are not punished. When they are the ones that really deserve to be banned if anybody. Mind you i don't care if they get banned or not as long as i wasn't getting banned. What i'm saying is i think people have the right to say whatever they want apart from racist and very extreme comments. I don't agree with dynasty's strict hard fast rules whee he's trying to keep his children in line. But as long as he is the moderator, and they are the rules, they should not only apply to me. Where its open season on me and vince for anyone to attack. But if i reply, even in a civil manner i am accused of being a troll and banned. Sure it was only a 2 day ban. My belief is that not all is on his agenda. That was just the beginning. He setting up to try and ban me permanently. Then when i slip up by accident one time out of the million posts i make he will jump on it and ban me permaently. He will say. Look you were banned temporarily for trolling. Now you will be banned permently will be his words.

Again i have waved the white flag with him more than once to diffuse this but he refuses. He wants to keep it going. Because intead of acting like a professional moderator he chooses to keep his hate and continue his agenda. Btw i feel he thinks the wpt forum is his. Not ours. He owns the room. You better act and discuss what he feels he wants to hear otherwise you will be punished. I don't believe it is up to him to control what we think and say. I think its up to him if we say somthing very innapropraite or vulgar for him to delete the post. Otherwise he's supposed to stay out of the way and let the members enjoy the forum. Not making where its dynasty's room and onyl for his enjoyment.

I wondered whoever else he banned did the same as me? I bet whatever they did was much more sever. Like calling me all kinds of profanity and what not. None was banned for what i got banned for. Which btw was getting banned for absolutely nothing.

Oh and if so many were banned why hasn't he posted the names? He made sure to embarrass me and let everybody know he got his man when he banned me. So why not the others? If there are others.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Vince:

Don't make Vince look like the bad guy. Sure in expressing his points he becomes very colorful and a bit extreme(althouh everyone knows this is an exxaggeration, and not that extreme. Why are shows like seinfeld allowed to use the term nazi(the soup nazi) as an exxaggeration. but we cant use on a forum?) But his points are dead on! Instead of worrying about vince, why aren't you concerend about a moderator whose abusing his power to settle scores. And to make the forum his. Where everybody must think or do what dynasty wants otherwise will be punished.

Do you think Dynasty is right in what he's doing? Do you think he is conducting himself like a professional? Why is he insulting the majority of posters on the forum? Why is he insulting anyone? the moderator isn't supposed to be battling and insultong people. Should Dynasty be relieved of his duties for using the forum to settle old scores? These are the things you should be concerned with. Not with how vince decides to conduct himself. If your post was wanting to be constructive why didn't you privately pm vince with your reply here. Because you wanted to embarras him and make him look like the bad guy. When the real bad guy is dynasty.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically its like this. If he sees threads where it makes me and vince look silly he leaves them for all to see.

[/ QUOTE ]
I take it this is the reason that this thread hasn't been deleted...
Old 07-29-2005, 02:09 PM

No. its not deleted becuase its not dynasty forum where he makes unfair deletions. If it was in his forum he would have deleted it.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:03 PM

Andy,

Nice of you to reply. I think. You act very nice (toungue in cheek) in your reply but since you seem to be doing it for my own good why didn't you follow your own advice and send me a PM? could it be that you are just another band wagon jumper? Looks that way. I used to believe that you were a fair person but now I'm not so sure. Or maybe I am.

Had you PM'd me I could have told you that Mason has made it very clear that Matt Sklansky is the Forum moderator and he leaves everything to him. I could have also told you that Matt told me not to send him any more PM's concerning other posters that were insulting me. Furthermore I would told you that before this thread occurred I sent a PM to Dynasty telling him how I felt about this whole matter and he told me quite frankly that he DIDN'T CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS! I also made a post apolgizing for using the term NAZI in this thread something you neglected to mention.

Now you come up here and tell me how nice a guy I am but YOU would ban me permanently. Go to hell!

Vince
Old 07-29-2005, 03:48 PM

Have you considered maybe just letting it go? Rightfully or not, Dynasty banned you for a couple of days, then you were back. Why not just leave it at that and continue on? I know of a number of people who have gotten banned for a while. None of them continue to make an issue of it like you do. They just get back to posting and that's that.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:36 PM

I was doing it for the good of the forum, the site, and you. Perhaps a PM would have been a better idea. But when you entitle a post about a moderator using the word Nazism, a public reaction seemed called for.

You apologized for using the word Nazism, but then compared Dynasty to Hitler. You apologized for the use of the political term, not for the sentiment.

I stand by my original assertion agreeing with what El Diablo stated in his post: that you indeed are a nice person but you have gone off the deep end here.

I may indeed end up in hell, only time will tell. I hope you go to heaven.

Sorry you wish me to go to hell because it confirms my suspicions about anger driving you now.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:43 PM

I don't think it's possible for me to make Vince look like the bad guy, he's already accomplished that all by himself.

Seinfeld had to pleased NBC's censors; we have to please 2+2s moderators. Sienfeld's use of the term was clearly for the sake of comedy; Vince's was mean-spirited.

We have a great thing here at 2+2: a free site where we can discuss poker and other things. All our hosts ask is a modicum of civility and decorum. Doesn't seem like much to ask for to me.
Closed Thread