Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: A hand Entity and I talked about

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry but I don't see what not capping the flop has to do with the decision on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it had anything to do with the river? I still feel the flop should be played out this way as I nearly c/r a blank on the turn w/AA, KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

The person I replied to said

[ QUOTE ]
I think by not capping the flop we have put ourselves in postion to either Check behind on the river or Bet call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was me for the fact capping the flop help to better define SB's hand.

I think the hand plays differently with a capped flop.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:56 PM

Sorry, Jason...

So, did you bet the river? Or did you misplay every street??!? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 10:03 PM

simple...you bet...you get two ways to win that way...he checkraises you call, the pot is too big to pass on now because of one big bet.

at flop, wonder why you did not slowplay, hoping to keep others in the hand and get their money too...you seem pretty strong there, board does not look very useful at that point to SB who raised preflop...
Old 11-15-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, Jason...

So, did you bet the river? Or did you misplay every street??!? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, in what way did Jason misplay the turn? I read all your other posts in this thread and you never brought it up.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:23 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i think the quality of the opponent would be a significant factor in my decision. i am betting the river. if its 2/4 i bet/call; too easy for a 2/4 player, even with "TAG" stats to overplay two pair on that river. if it is the 30 game on party i could bet/fold against a TAG.

edit from would to could bet/fold
Old 11-15-2005, 10:32 PM

the flop smoothcall is correct imo and there is no need to "define" the opponents hand when we are holding the nuts. you define a players hand to find out if you are behind so you can fold cheaply or to find out how to extract maximum value. the opponents hand is already pretty clearly defined.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the flop smoothcall is correct imo and there is no need to "define" the opponents hand when we are holding the nuts. you define a players hand to find out if you are behind so you can fold cheaply or to find out how to extract maximum value. the opponents hand is already pretty clearly defined.

[/ QUOTE ]

So explain this to me like I am a 5 year old.whats the sb holding?

To me if he has an over pair he is along for the ride.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the flop smoothcall is correct imo and there is no need to "define" the opponents hand when we are holding the nuts. you define a players hand to find out if you are behind so you can fold cheaply... the opponents hand is already pretty clearly defined.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about, "define a players hand"? You call the flop and he three bets the turn, what did you "define"?

[ QUOTE ]
find out how to extract maximum value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping the flop and leading the turn as the TAG will c/r a blank often w/AA, KK, is the line I that has the most value in addition to the other things I've stated in my original post.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:48 PM

I don't care about the results but I'm curious as to how the discussion between you and Entity went. Unless it just rehashes everything discussed already, here. Which I think has been thoroughly exhausted.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think because his hand is so defined, a flop cap is better than a call-raise line. How's that? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

rob