Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Re: To the Moneyaker followers

If you ask me, unless you sweated him for the whole 5 days, how can you make a judgment one way or the other?

Put me down as someone who thinks Moneymaker is a better than average player who got the right cards at the right time.

Sure, he sucked out on Brenes, but anybody here who says they'd have laid down top trips/top kicker to Ivey had better go take up knitting.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:39 PM

Bluffing Farha out of a huge pot

THis is the best example of how being an unknown can offset the pro's advantage in the late stages of the WSOP. Farha *can't* call that bet even if he's 90% sure it's a bluff (and he was pretty sure).

Why? He'll look like an idiot if he calls and loses, and he's not supposed to be the idiot at the table.

When guys like Moneymaker and Varkonyi are at the final table, they have precisely *zero* pressure on them. The psychology of the situation is huge. It's a no-win for the pro and a no-lose for the amateur.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:08 PM

"When guys like Moneymaker and Varkonyi are at the final table, they have precisely *zero* pressure on them. The psychology of the situation is huge. It's a no-win for the pro and a no-lose for the amateur."

Well, except for that small matter of the million or so $$$ difference between first and second, it's not QUITE no lose, but i'm sure ANYONE would be happy w/ 2nd place $$$.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:34 PM

How could you judge the play from what you get to see from the ESPN coverage? They play for like 12-15 hours a day and each day ESPN covered 45 mins (times two for day 4 and 5), and they only showed a few of his hands.

So if you go all the way and win the WSOP, how many hands have you played during the course of the tournament? And how many hands did ESPN show?

I'm not the one to decide if he is a great poker player or not. From what I saw, it looks like he got more than his fair share of lucky shots, but as I said: What the hell do I know? I only saw a few hands for gods sake!

And more importantly: Who the f#¤! cares? He won, he is rich, and there will be another WSOP soon. Nuff said.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:24 PM

as i already admitted, he had three more outs to pair the bottom card on the board, and therefore it turned a terrible call into a fantastic call, thus proving any and all doubters from here until eternity forever wrong in their folley as to ever doubting the pure genius of someone who just couldn't miss no matter how far behind they were or what pot odds they were getting.

calcuations are not needed here. he played like a lucky ass mutha, but not to worry, he will forever be held in a god like state by the otherwise normally smart players on 2+2, who will worship him forever as a god no matter how much of a schuck he really played like because the end result was that his longshots paid off every time and therefore we should all ignore the luck factor and just declare him a god and keep talking and posting about it forever and ever amen till finally the sun blows up in a giant display of fireworks for the glory of one lucky schmuck who dominated the talk on the forums for billions and billions of years etc etc etc ad infinitum bla bla bla bla bla...................

as I said... if any half decent player had won the WSOP by just buying in the $10,000 we wouldn't have 1,000,000,000,000,000,0000,000,000,000 posts hailing how f*cking great they were. Stu won it THREE times and I GUARANTEE there are at least TEN times as many posts hailing moneymaker's greatness, not even counting those few dissentors like me who thought the SOB just got dumb lucky.

In the end, once again forget it, the catholics think the pope is just under jesus and mary, and the forum will think mm is just under jesus and mary too, despite the fact it will continue to make me and a few others vomit over and over. I am not posting again on this tread. people - you can worship whatever graven images you want. I hear there's a statue of mary in south america that bleeds real blood, it's on the hill just below the moneymaker statue, just beneath the jesus statue.

al
Old 03-16-2004, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calcuations are not needed here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it really doesn't matter if MM had 1 out or 25, he would still hit, because, well, hell, he's MM and MM is a God!

[ QUOTE ]
I hear there's a statue of mary in south america that bleeds real blood, it's on the hill just below the moneymaker statue, just beneath the jesus statue.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat, All hail MM!

[ QUOTE ]
Stu won it THREE times and I GUARANTEE there are at least TEN times as many posts hailing moneymaker's greatness

[/ QUOTE ]

Stu ain't got nothing on the greatone MM!

[ QUOTE ]
despite the fact it will continue to make me and a few others vomit over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've vomited 16 times since this thread was created. I'd like to blame it on the heartburn, but I know that wouldn't be true.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:51 PM

Default SAT time

Which is most accurate?

Sincere is to Al Capone as Elizabeth-Anne is to Eugeneel.
Sincere is to Al Capone as Damone Brown is to Hugh Grant.
Sincere is to Al Capone as Some random transexual is to Eddie Murphy.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:06 AM

Default Re: SAT time

I don't get what you mean? Are you trying to say that two people on here can't have the same opinion on something that differers from yours without being accused of being the same person? I've never met Mr. Capone in my life? Sorry, 2 people differ from your opinion.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get what you mean? Are you trying to say that two people on here can't have the same opinion on something that differers from yours without being accused of being the same person? I've never met Mr. Capone in my life? Sorry, 2 people differ from your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to get involved in this thread, but you must not have done well on the verbal SAT. He's not saying you have the same thought process; he's saying you're Al Capone's bi-atch!!!

Dan
Old 03-17-2004, 12:33 AM

Well how am I suppose to know that? I haven't been here very long, I don't know what the deal is with the people he was talking about? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And I never took the SAT, I took the ACT! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]