Old 02-06-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on ZJ\'s post

i doubt you are far from bitter when u say stuff like

"are we talking about daddy's money here?"

"whatever kid do what you want"

PS: GO PATS!
Old 02-06-2005, 06:28 PM

One more thing...for all the chest thumping 'I am the best' attitude that goes on this forum, why is it your $58k is the only significant score I have heard at 2+2.

The reaction of your win by many was curious to say the least.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling bullsh*t on 7-8. If you are so eager to learn certain things, then why not do so with the guidance of someone who has devoted his whole life to the subject and knows a lot more about it than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, college is for the masses. Most people are incapable of learning for themselves. I am not. If I mimicked your standard A student, I wouldn't learn much more at all, and I would spend maybe as much as 10x as much time as I need to to learn that material.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZJ - I certainly acknowledge that college isn't for everyone, and you're happier not going. Saying that makes you "lazy" etc is stupid...I'm on your side for nearly all of this discussion.

The only thing that's bothered me in this thread is this thought that "college is for those incapable of learning for themselves." I certainly acknowledge that school isn't for everyone, but you seem to be implying that it's for...dumb people. Your disrespect for academia makes me think you've never had a good teacher, or at least not one in a subject that particularly interested you. Think of it this way: sure, you can learn to play poker well from books and experience. But if you have a MWF 9am with Ray Zee, might you learn quicker? Or learn things you wouldn't otherwise pick up? I'm sure you've gained a fair amount from reading the forums and from discussing hands with your peers.

I'm certainly capable of learning for myself. That said, I've also realized that I can learn from others. I did my undergraduate work at a very small school full of very, very smart people and I'm much better off for having worked with them. Surrounding yourself with brilliant people will make you smarter, and the right school is a good way to do thtat.

That said, if I were at FSU and actually trying to learn something it'd take me about a week to drop out and find something better to do with my time.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:35 PM

At least ZJ is modest.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From what I understand, Justin plays over 8 tables at once so I'm sure he easily puts about $2000-3000 into action per hour (with rakeback). If he returns even 10% of that total investment per hour, well, you can probably do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]
It always amazes me how the young mind works.
I posted this thought in another thread....if you and Justin are so smart, why dont you start your own online poker site?

The answer is painfully obvious, you wouldn't have a clue where to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are clearly delusional and/or have a poor understanding of math, if you can't understand the concept of return on investment per hour. Do I have to start an online poker site to 'prove myself' to you on this? No thanks, and I don't see how this is relevant to your argument, if you even have one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you're a tourney, not ring game, player?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing...for all the chest thumping 'I am the best' attitude that goes on this forum, why is it your $58k is the only significant score I have heard at 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you don't follow the poker forums? There are many players here who have won hundreds of thousands or more in either tourneys or ring games in the last year.

[ QUOTE ]
The reaction of your win by many was curious to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like daryn. Daryn is a relatively young relatively low-limit player. He wins $58k and people think it is awesome and congratulate him. What is curious?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:41 PM

Just remember, Z, Bill Gates dropped out of college.

And while he was there, what did he do? Play poker, of course.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Slickpoppa

You're a little punk.

Playing poker is very honorable. I play so that my kids can eat. I'm not looking to fulfill pipe dreams of playing in the World Series of Poker on ESPN.

ZJ is welcome in that soft seat in Queens anytime.

Did I mention that you're a little punk?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Slickpoppa

YES! Exactly what this thread needed.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember, Z, Bill Gates dropped out of college.

And while he was there, what did he do? Play poker, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unbelievable.

I troll the poker forums all the time Diablo. I guess I missed some of the apparent wins.
This is what I meant by reaction.
LINK
BTW, I congratulated Daryn as well.