Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Curt Schilling

Funny you should mention Moose, they're roughly equal in value over their careers... Curt's got the advantage, but, of course, he's older by a small bit.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schilling should not make the hall. He's not even going to get to 200 wins, and his other stats certainly don't merit induction.

[/ QUOTE ]

...says the douchebag who thinks Mike Mussina will get in.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:47 PM

Tommy John - 288 wins,
Bert Blyleven - 287 wins, and
Jim Kaat - 283 wins

all say "Hi!"
Old 04-28-2005, 01:50 PM

mussina is going to have to have one hell of a finish to make it in the HOF.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:52 PM

He made himself the face of the first Red Sox team in 80+ years to win a championship. This, combined with his part in breaking up the Yankees' run of four titles in five years, and his media accessibility, got him in the Hall last October. It's a done deal. If it is not, getting the last few wins to get to 200 career will clinch it.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:54 PM

no i believe it. i find it funny that you affix a moral cluase all of a sudden whrn the team you root for has two players under fedearl investigation. not to mention the amount of players who have reputations for being prima donna douchebags.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:59 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
no i believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't. Please clarify. Labor is a relatively short length of time for one to sleep with 9 women.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if this has been posted today, but this muthafucka's pompous ass has gotten me to my breaking point. Yeah, we all know you and the Big Ugly beat the Yanks in Arizona. Then you switch over to Boston and immediately emerse yourself in the Yankees/Sox rivalry, one which you had little part of until last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point? Boston got him specifically to get over the hump and win a championship, and a huge part of that was beating the Yanks. And by doing just that, he's forever entrenched in Boston sports lore, even if he never takes the mound again. Not just because he helped do it, but the WAY he did it. I'd say it worked out OK...sorry if it's still a bitter pill for you to swallow.

[ QUOTE ]
But that didn't stop you from getting all the press....no, nothing can stop you from getting press, you love it, you are a attention whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Let's just completely gloss over the REASONS he got all that attention. Love him or hate him, the fact is the man put on a couple of the most memorable performances in baseball history and whether Yankee fans like it or not, it will be talked about LONG after he's gone from the game. Again, sorry if you can't handle it.

[ QUOTE ]
But whatever, you like to be a douche, thats fine, it makes me hate you, but thats fine, its sports, this hatred was more spirited in nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he says what he means and isn't afraid to call people out? A-holes like A-Rod, and more recently, Kruk, Magrane and Piniella? Whether you're a Boston fan or not, that actually makes a lot of people like Schilling even more.

If you want to see someone who makes a "douche" of himself every time he opens his big mouth, I'd suggest you look Sheffield's way before Schilling's. But somehow I doubt you will.

[ QUOTE ]
But now....now...you have the audacity to, while your on the DL no less, to go after LOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. What f'ing difference does it make if he's on the DL?

2. Fact: Lou escalated this Sox-DRays situation much higher than it would have gone on it's own.

3. Lou Piniella is a douche. Always has been. Frankly, I think it's about time that somebody called a spade a spade.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, this makes sense, the attention has been shifting away from you so you must do something drastic, bold, and uber-bitchass-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like order your pitchers to throw at the head and knees of the stars on the opposing team because they hit home runs? No wait...that was Lou.

Call me crazy, but I think the simple fact of Schilling going on the DL gets him plenty of attention without having to do anything else. In fact, he already has plenty of attention wherever he goes and whatever he does, because of what he's accomplished.

Your arguments smack of childish jealousy and seething frustration and hatred over the way Schilling OWNS your team. Please, grow up and get over it.

[ QUOTE ]
You call out Lou MuthaFuckinIwillthrowaBaseAtYou Piniella.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...if that's your cute little pet name for Piniella...explain to me again how he's not an @$$hole?

[ QUOTE ]
You say he is the reason the D-Rays lose 100 games a year, and say he has lost touch with baseball. Well you know what Curt, [censored] YOU!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOUR ANKLE DEVELOPS LEPROSY AND YOUR SHOULDER FALLS OFF, YOU ASS HOLE. I TRUELY HATE YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...this just says it all. The Yankees (and their fans).... Class. Pride. Tradition. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ROTFLMAO!

[ QUOTE ]
YOU ARE A [censored] DOUCHE, AND YOU WILL NEVER MAKE THE HALL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he WILL make the Hall, just like his sock did. And he'll make it precisely because of what he did to YOUR team.

Have fun stewing over that one for the next couple of decades. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a Yankees fan and I hate Clemens, A-Rod, Sheffield, and Brown. It doesn't matter who they play for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-28-2005, 03:39 PM

Late to the discussion and all of a sudden it's busy around here so I'm not going to read all the other responses but you got it wrong, my Yankee loving friend. Schilling didn't call LOU an idiot and the reason they lose 100 games, he only related how LOU'S players were saying that. Of course LOU held a team meeting and they all denied it. I guess Schilling was lying.