Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars 20% up to $120

[ QUOTE ]
(120 SNG's cost $1300-ish!)

[/ QUOTE ]

as was already mentioned...this is pretty bad logic.

1 - You will presuably (I hope!!) actually win money in SOME of the SNG's you play. Hopefully you will break-even or better.

2 - You would actually be putting far more money at risk just playing 1/2 (think about it....every time you just call pre-flop, flop, turn and river you are putting $6 into the pot....same logic though, hopefully you are winning some of those pots back).

As mentioned previously - with the bonus...a 10+1 earns you 5 FPP which clears $1 worth of the bonus.
This means that you are playing it rake-free. The 10+1 becomes a 10+0 (except that it will be a little while before you get that $1 back of course).

I seriously don't think how you could ask for anything better.
If you wanted to play 120 of the 10+1's you would be saving the $1 on each of them. It is a 100% rake-back plan.

If you did it at the 5+0.50 level where you get 3fpp's per event (that's $0.60 worth of the bonus) then it is like a 120% rake-back plan I believe (for the duration of the 600 fpp's).

This is a very good deal really....it would just take a long time to do it.

If you are already an SNG player then it would be worth it for you anyway of course.
You are already playing SNG's....and now you get 100% rake-back on them during that time that you still have bonus left to clear.

If you are just trying to clear the bonus in the most conservative way then this is just too long of a method for you to likely consider +EV.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars 20% up to $120

[ QUOTE ]

1 - You will presuably (I hope!!) actually win money in SOME of the SNG's you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part I have trouble with. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]