Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 02:13 PM

Default MLG

Trying to get better at these MTT, so if you could give me your line of thinking that would make the call with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] preflop for a 3xbb raise of 34% of Your stack, a resonable call.

Not being sarcastic, I see you repley on here alot and respect your opinion. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:16 PM

Default Re: MLG

Well, I'm glad you think a lot of my play but this was a joke. Soss once told me about a player who was reasonably skilled, but who had these moments of insanity at a final table, including overcalling with 4-6. It was an awful play on his part.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: MLG

LOL, thought there was some Mathmatical theroy for this call that was way over my head. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gald it was just a bad beat, I was rather happy with his call even though I lost. Marked him down, and hope I get to play with him every trny I am in. wasn't the first bad call I say him make. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Bad beats \"R\" US

Sunday in a live game, i called a preflop raise UTG w/ 64s from BB. i flopped a four(called a decent bet), turned a 6. other cards were rags. i check/raised for 1/2 villain's stack on the turn. he called. river...Q. i bet out, he raised, i called. he had QQ. who got the bad beat, me or (almost) him?

cheers!
Old 08-04-2004, 03:01 PM

I think if you get this agrivated losing when a 3:1 favorite, you need to find a new game to play.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise UTG w/ 64s from BB. i flopped a four(called a decent bet), turned a 6. other cards were rags.

[/ QUOTE ]

rags? if you're playing 64, what are rags?
Old 08-04-2004, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise UTG w/ 64s from BB. i flopped a four(called a decent bet), turned a 6. other cards were rags.

[/ QUOTE ]

rags? if you're playing 64, what are rags?

[/ QUOTE ]

rags on this board would be any non-broadway cards which i feel have likely not hit my opponent. the raise came from the CO...i don't have any clue as to why i typed in UTG. at any rate, i felt i was drawing live and it was a mini-raise. i was getting 3.5:1 on the call. (and they were sOOTEd!)

cheers!
Old 08-05-2004, 11:41 AM

Those who have experienced really bad beats in the past will appreciate this one......

Well, I know that I appreciate these stories, but most posters don't like to see 'em (at least not here on 2+2). I'd like to thank Bad Beat Police for referring you to my site, please feel free to go there and drop me an e-mail, I'll be happy to post your story. You might even get a free t-shirt... www.RiveredAgain.com

Take care--

Rock