Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 02:11 PM

Default Still Running Bad - 4 hands

Last night I had another 40 BB loss, bringing me up to over a 200 BB slide in my current slump. Below are a few hands that I played last night at 5/10 Party. Would any of you have lost less than me on these hands?

I almost getting afraid of heading down to Foxwoods tonight.

Hand 1

I’m in MP w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I open raise, only the player to my immediate right (loose but not horrible) calls

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he caps

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I raise, he 3-bets

River is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, call

He shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I lose 7 BB’s

Hand 2

I’m in LMP w/ Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP calls, I call, LP calls, CO (LAG) raises, BB cold call, rest call

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, CO, BB and MP call

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, BB and MP call

River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, BB raises, MP folds, I 3-bet, BB caps, I call

BB shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I lose another 6.5 BB’s

Hand 3

I’m in the SB w/ 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG (LAG CO from hand 1) raises, button cold calls, BB and I call

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to UTG who bets, folded to me, I raise, UTG 3-bets, I call

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I checkraise the UTG again and he 3-bets again and I call

River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, call

He shows 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the turned str8 and I lose another 6.5 BB’s

Hand 4

I’m UTG+1 and have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I open raise and get called by the button and BB (another LAG)

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, Button raises, BB calls, I 3-bet, both call

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, both call

River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, button raises, BB folds, I call

Button shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for a 6 high straight and I drop another 5.5 BB
Old 11-21-2003, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Still Running Bad - 4 hands

touch luck on all these hands. they are just beats though. i'm sure your luck will turn around soon.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:28 PM

I'm not complaining; I'm just trying to figure out if I overplayed them and lost more than I should have.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:30 PM

I think rock's site could use a few of these. Good god.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:32 PM

Hand 1 - Can you honestly say you wouldn't do the same thing if the exact same sutuation came up again?

Hand 2 - I'm detecting a theme here.

Hand 3 - Yowza. Are you a religious guy? Someone's out to get you. I would have put him an overpair too.

Hand 4 - I’m UTG+1 and have A A I didn't even get past this line. I can guess the ending.

I would very likely have lost the same. I'd say take a few days off, but you and your wife have this whole trip planned, so...
Old 11-21-2003, 02:37 PM

For what its worth, I'd of played them about the same. Just got some very bad breaks and they sure do hurt when they string together like this. I do know the feeling.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think rock's site could use a few of these. Good god.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking the same thing. Tough hands, Barry. I think you played these fine, the only different play I might have made is on hand 3, I might've led out on the turn and called the raise (he's LAG, so could have an 8 -- A8, K8s, 88, 82o [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

May I pick one or 2 of these for www.RiveredAgain.com ?
Old 11-21-2003, 02:58 PM

Hi Barry

Putting the results aside, does everyone three-bet the river in Hand 2? I would've figured I was chopping and just called it, but since no one has mentioned it yet, I'm now wondering if that's too timid.

Aces McGee
Old 11-21-2003, 03:02 PM

Looks like the story of my life in the last month and half at party 5/10. I'm also on 150BB slide, but determined to climb back. The games last night were good.

I might not checkraise the turn in hand 1, but overall I think you played these fine and with the proper amoung of aggression.

I'm trying to decide whether to go up to FW this weekend or play golf. Tough life.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:09 PM

The thing I find kinda funny about this forum is so many opinions seem to be "rock hard" always and never opinions, which is simply not realistic. If they really play "always" and "never" strategies, they're putting themseleves at a disadvantage to being booked. "Usualy", "mostly", "seldom", "rarely", "sometimes" are much better ways to approach evals and poker in general.

I think that indiviual moves in hands like these are gonna be "depends" type moves. Sometimes I will, sometimes I won't. I don't think he did anything "wrong".