Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 06-18-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Unsuited broadways question

With typical full game conditions (generally loose-passive but someone usually throws a raise in somewhere) how are we treating our off-suited KJ's down to our J10's these days? Although it's just anecdotal evidence, I've been dumping them more and more in late position (with the exception of bling stealing) and really don't feel as if I'm leaving anything on the table.

What do the big databases have to say about this? Kind of a general question and I realize every situation is different but any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Unsuited broadways question

Those are folds. JTo is a fold. KJ is very marginal, if there is one limper to you and you are in late position, you raise it, 2 limpers and you can just call it. QJ is a fold always. For me I fold it when it is suited unless there are a lot of callers and I am on the button or CO. KTo is a fold, QTo is a fold. These hands are -EV. But blind stealing is good.

POts
Old 06-18-2005, 03:02 PM

I've been limping in early with J10s through K10s and raising KQs, KJs. However, I've been getting over my lust for A little suited. Too loose for games that are loose? My SSHE is out on loan. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2005, 03:52 PM

i play KJo all the time and after 70k hands i've made 8 bucks. i play it more than i should. I raise with it in any game that is weak/tight post flop from any position and fold around till mid/late position in any other game and limp in. I'll raise in late in the above game if its been folded to me.

like i said, i play the hand too much.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:06 PM

You are insane. All unsuited broadways are +EV in LP in a loose passive game.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are insane.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2005, 09:02 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Those are folds. JTo is a fold. KJ is very marginal, if there is one limper to you and you are in late position, you raise it, 2 limpers and you can just call it. QJ is a fold always. For me I fold it when it is suited unless there are a lot of callers and I am on the button or CO. KTo is a fold, QTo is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than KTo, I play all these o/s hands in LP and later.

Way too tight. Especially if you're folding QJs in MP against no raise.

Work on your postflop game if you think you're losing too much money on them.

b
Old 06-18-2005, 09:27 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I've been getting over my lust for A little suited. Too loose for games that are loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

I think you'd be served well by studying why you play some hands on certain tables in certain positions. In many games, Axs is playable. Along with any pocket pair.

You do realize why loose, usually passive, games are goldmines, right?

b
Old 06-19-2005, 10:38 AM

I'd like to see Phat Pots stats vs. the looser players. I totally understand the value of suited Aces and small pp's in loose games but, if I am not mistaken, large databases are showing them as losers from EP.

If you are quite sure it is going to be 4 way action or better, but someone will most likely raise, is it right to limp with these hands? Full game remember-not SH.

With the unsuited broadways, I seriously doubt much is left on the table by dumping them unless when going after the blinds, heads up or 3 way.

I'm open to criticizm and appreciate the feedback but if you want to call me "insane" back it up with some stats (or at least an explaination).
Old 06-19-2005, 11:37 AM

i'd like to see stats too... mostly because my initial reaction was you're insane. are we talking NL or limit here? my thoughts are coming from a NL view.

i play all of those hands, and raise with them most of the time. i also play just about any suited ace and any pair in LP, and most of the time any suited K or suited connector. basically, any hand with any value at all i'm open raising in LP.

i'll toss KTo, KJo, and QTo off in EP. but i don't mind raising in early position with KJs or QJs.

i'd like to see some stats, because that might be stupid of me. i definitely feel like i'd be leaving money on the table if i folded all of those hands. those hands are far better than a random hand, which is what i assume everyone has until they do something that implies they have something better.

how often do you think your dealt KJo and it's the best hand at the table, or at least even money? i would say a fair amount of the time, but i'd like to see some stats.