Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 05-17-2002, 06:45 PM

Default Hey eLROY......

eLROY- have you been reading "Quantum mechanics" theory AGAIN? Good--maybe Hawking can help us beam the WSOP to Bellagio without moving through space. We can even accomodate his wheelchair. I knew you weren't as dumb as people believe! Quarks to you, buddy. I'm impressed! Babe
Old 05-17-2002, 07:18 PM

Default Babe\'s talking to me. WhatdoIdo!?! *NM*

Old 05-17-2002, 07:32 PM

Default Re: so eLROY, everything else you agree with? =o)

Well, I'm not normal, because I do worry about waitresses when I get home. And not with a dirty mind, because I also worry about bartenders.

But the fact remains that, whether or not I have empathy for some random stranger whom I come into contact with briefly, isn't really relevant.

What is relevant is how many people will eagerly take an "underpaid" dealer's spot, and how loose bleeding hearts can afford to be with their money.

I'm not sure that I do or don't agree with your implied premise that it is useful to go after the dealer lobby with such relish here.

I don't agree that flipping burgers is as hard as dealing, just because I have worked as a line cook, dishwasher, prep cook, and so on.

I have also worked as a waiter, and I would say many people stuck in the kitchen are too mean and ugly to garner empathy (tips) anyway.

So far as getting sucked out on, I generally consider it something to smile about. Getting callers isn't always easy.

I guess, in conclusion, I would say that most card dealers whom I even notice, have enough skills or looks to not need my worry.

eLROY
Old 05-17-2002, 07:37 PM

Default Hey PokerBabe [img]/images/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/smile.gif[/img] *NM*

Old 05-17-2002, 10:25 PM

Default Re: agreed to a point...

It's well known that some of the California players tend to behave much worse than the Nevada players. It's also well known that California dealers in general make much more money than Nevada dealers.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Hey eLROY......

"I knew you weren't as dumb as people believe!"

Hey Babe,

It looks like you have been reading to many of Ray Zee's posts lately.
Old 05-18-2002, 12:42 AM

Default Mason- Perfect call. Ha, LOL *NM*

Old 05-22-2002, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Mirage

"I think it's fair to say that the dealers at The Mirage are also much improved and that room, like The Bellagio, is also well run. "

Donna Harris does a great job of running the Mirage, despite any instances of problems that critics might be able to dig up. The thing that impressed me the most about her is that I wrote her a fairly long email after the first time I played there detailing the good and bad points of the cardroom (the bad points were relatively few). She wrote a detailed response to me and addressed everything I said. It was the time she took to answer my email that impressed me. Obviously, she was making an effort to listen, even though I was an unknown, unimportant, non-high-roller. When I finally introduced myself to her in person, she knew exactly who I was, even though the letter was over a year old.

Way to go, Donna. The dealers at Mirage are considerably better than the average dealer nationwide, in my experience.

Dave in Cali