Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Why sharing moderation of this forum is a horrible idea.

I have posted my own opinions for discussion on a number of various topics. I have been accused of spamming and/or shilling by trolls and "respectable posters" for all the following:

NutzPoker
Phill Hellmuth's DVD's
Ultimate Bet
ZeroRake

In each instance the accuser(s) are 100% certain that they are correct and represent the rest of the forum. For example when I posted a question about NutzPoker on 5/17 Inthacup responded to Nutzpoker and myself with:
[ QUOTE ]
Did you have 12 posts deleted for some reason? Perhaps spam? ... What a coincidence.

Some small time shady poster comes here and asks you a question and you come back with a 400 word advertisement for your site. Please don't think that the posters here are this oblivious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not going to point out every poster that's ever made a mistake in judging me or anyone esle, but its quite obvious to me that too many people think they own this forum and know what is best for it. And I am not referring to Cup because he admitted he jumped to a wrong conclusion and offered an apology, but last week I was reported, by at least one individual, to Matt as a spammer. That is more than enough reason for me to be certain that moderation is horrible idea.

Many of the recent posts here saying "The Zoo" has gone to $hit recently make me sick. It seems like a lot of people who once embraced the Zoo for it's often illogical and chaotic personality are now condemning it for the same reasons. The Internet forum used to be one you either loved or hated for what it was. Now I get the impression that there is a clique of posters that have been part of the zoo for a long time, gotten emotionally attached and act like it is thier own private little playground.

They act like "oh were the zoo, its crazy in here but that's why we love it". But when it does become crazy, they hate it and want out, or go crying for censorhip or moderation.