Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2002, 03:01 PM

Default Slotboom/Sexton

In the current issue (#14) of Poker Digest Rolf Slotboom interviews Mike Sexton. Here is what they say about us on page 69.

RS: Do you regularly visit or even contribute to Internet discussion forums and newsgroups, such as TwoPlusTwo, rec.gambling.poker (RGP), Poker Pages, and European.poker.com? If so which do you think is best and why?

Also, on RGP you can post anything you like, but on TwoPlusTwo, a lot of posts are deleted because they are deemed offensive, inappropriate, etc. In my opinion, there is a lot less unfriendliness and personal attacking on TwoPlusTwo than on RGP, maybe because of this. On the other hand, quite a few people claim that most posters who are barred from TwoPlusTwo are barred simply because they disagree with the ones who are running the forum. Do you have any opinion on this?

MS: I do go to RGP. They are an open forum whereas TwoPlusTwo censors. I think TwoPlusTwo or any other site someone owns should be able to allow whatever they or don't want on their site. It might not lead to open discussions as appear on RGP, but they certainly have the right to run their site as they see fit.

My response: Our site has clear posting guidelines that anyone can read. Click on terms and conditions at the top of the left hand column. They mean that the only posts that we delete are blantant insults, and commercial ads that appear in the posts. Even though we get accused of it, we do not delete posts that have different points of view on strategy or other subjects than those held by the Two Plus Two authors. This is easily seen by anyone who chooses to read these forums. At anytime, there are literally hundreds of posts that take positions different from what David, Ray, or myself feel is correct, and there are thousands of posts like this in our archives.

I suspect that the reason this shot appeared is because I turned down Slotboom when he contacted me to appear in this series. I noticed that he quit posting immediately after he contacted me and received my response. It might also have something to do with the fact that he was often criticized for not being very knowledgeable when it came to limit poker -- remember his folding AK out of the small blind when there was an early position raise by a solid professional.

I also suspect that Mike Sexton is not as knowledgeable about our forums as he should be.

All comments are welcome.