Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2004, 09:28 PM

Default Two questions

A couple of questions from the Stars NLHE freeroll last night.

Early on 15/30 blinds, no read on players (new to table) I am on the button with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I have T1800 and opponent has T1300. Six limpers to me, I limp, SB completes, BB checks. Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. EP bets minimum, 2 callers, I raise to 90, SB & BB call as does original bettor.
Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Check to me, I bet the pot, around 500. Only the SB calls. The river is a harmless rag. SB checks and I put him all in. He calls with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Aside from the horrible river bet (I will only get called if I am beat, right?) how did I play the rest of this hand. I am new to NL and I am not sure if raising on a flush draw to get a free card carries over very well to NL from limit.

Second hand:

Later in the tourney, I have T11,000 and the average stack is T13,000. I am again on the button with a large stack T40,000 in the CO. Blinds are 300/600. Folded to the CO who calls, I have KJo. I make it 1800. BB and CO call. Flop come J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to me. I figure this is a clear all-in here. BB folds, CO calls with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. No heart comes, but it does go 4-2 for runner runner straight and I am done. Like I said, I think the flop bet is standard, my question is more about the pre-flop raise. The CO had been playing quite a few hands, so I was pretty sure I had the best hand. Looking back, I think I should have raised more. But it would have been tough to raise higher without completely pot-committing myself, I think. Would anyone else have raised more?