Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2004, 02:34 AM

Default Never ever ever ever EVER again

I am posting this hand hoping that the shame of it will keep me from ever ever ever doing it again.

PS $10+1 rebuy, blinds at 100/200 after the rebuy period, I have T9250 and recently lost a T10000 pot when my AJs lost to an AJo that hit runner-runner for the flush. I was still in good position, as I told myself several times, but apparently I didn't listen.

I am in UTG+1 and get A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

1st mistake. I, knowing the possible ramifications, LIMP after UTG folds. I knew what I was risking, but I decided that a 3xBB raise would win me the blinds only, and I was determined to win more. HA!

All fold to SB, T4025, who calls. BB checks.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Lovely think I. SB bets 200, BB folds, and I 2nd mistake: just call, still baiting my trap.

Turn: [8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Oh crap, think I. SB bets 1200, and I 3rd mistake: call, thinking I'm probably already beat.

Flop: [8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Aiy yi yi. SB goes all-in for 2400, and 4th mistake: I call, chiefly to punish myself, I think. I can't think of any other reason to call here.

SB shows K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

And I am thrilled to know that, probably, had I bet at any time up to and including the Turn, I would have taken the pot.

Any comments and/or flames are welcome, but this is mostly a matter of self-cleansing.