Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2002, 04:02 AM

Default Bay101

Tommy's post on the mid-limit forum got me to thinking (no comments please). Last year at this time the mid limit action at Bay101 was outstanding. They would have a minimum of 3 15-30 games and 2 30-60 games every night. And yes, the games were good. A friend of mine who is a very long time poker pro said the 30-60 game had not broken in over a month and a half.

Well the times have certainly changed. AJ's is now likely to have more (and better) 15-30 games going than Bay101 on any given night. As for the 30-60 game, just read Tommy's post. Now the downturn in the economy has certainly had an effect but not as much as you might think. The action at AJ's and LC's is still pretty good. I think what killed the mid-limit action at Bay101 was the 20-200 spread limit game. For whatever reason, when Bay101 started spreading the 20-200 it was wildly popular with many of the mid-limit regulars taking a shot at the "big time". Also, many of the mid limit regulars taking shots at the game were the proverbial live ones. As you can imagine the downside in this type of structure is HUGE. Anyways, my guess is that by spreading the 20-200 Bay101 has effectively busted many of players that keep the games going and juicy. As further anecdotal evidence, this evening at AJ's there was a Bay101 regular playing in the 15-30 game. I asked him what he did to get barred from Bay101. He didn't do anything but was tired of checking it down everytime he was heads up with one of his poker buddies. Ugh. Now it's just a bunch of the regulars sitting around waiting for the occaisional live one to show up. Anyone disagree?