Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2003, 01:11 PM

Default $10-20 - When do I give up?

Hi there, anyone remember me? It's been ages since I last posted, before they got this log-on thing here. I tried to get a username once, but struggled a bit and didn't really bother to make a real effort. So I have been lurking in the shadows from time to time, *almost* getting to the point where I setup a username, to answer some of Dynasty's most arrogant posts. ;-)

Anyway, this one cracked me. I *HAD* to post.

$10-20 online 6-man table, at a new site for me (however, I think some may have heard of it...Party Poker?).

I am dealt AKo in SB. UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, button cold-calls and I choose to three-bet to perhaps force out big blind and UTG and other than that play what is a very strong hand in a 6-man game for three bets before the flop. Anyway, BB folds, rest call.

Flop comes Q-Q-J rainbow, and although I perhaps should just check this flop straight away, I have pretty much bet it before I see the cards. ;-) All call.

Turn is the magic miracle Ten, but given the preflop action, I am not entirely satisfied with this board. I bet, UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, button threebets. What's my play? Ok, I certainly have a few losing cards if ahead, but I feel there is still a very real chance of being ahead. Anyone fold here? I call the three-bet. UTG caps, button calls. [censored], ok, I'll give it two more bets unless the river makes it even more ugly. Call.

River: 3x. I check, UTG bets, the button raises. 23.5 big bets in the pot, two to me and I am not closing the action.

The players are unknown to me, but I hadn't really spotted anything out of the ordinary in my few rounds so far, seemed like your ordinary loose-aggressive midlimit shorthanded online game.

How obvious is this fold? Or is it some kind of "rule" I should be having here, that when I call the turn threebet cold, I should be getting to the bottom of this, no matter what?

lars