Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Remind me quickly

Which comes first, the raise to get more $$ in on the turn(and protect), or raising the flop to protect my hand.

Online 25/50.

MP1 Limps. MP2 Limps. Hijack checks his posted blinds. I check in my posted blind with 93hh. Button calls and the blinds call. 7 to the flop.

Flop is A93 no suits. Checked to MP2 who bets, Hijack calls and action on me.

The pot is getting big, so I raised to protect my hand. My thought after the hand was, what am I protecting it against? Any ace cold calls 2, and then calls when I bet the turn, and if I get checkraised or raised on the turn, I really dont feel great about it. So the only thing a flop raise protects me from is a 9/3 or that may hit his kicker on the turn. I think in this case on a drawless board, I sometimes need to represent more strength than I have to clear the field on the turn.

Am I complicating things? Is this an autoraise on the flop, with no consideration given to the turn? With top pair or on a more connected board I raise immediately for sure.

Thanks,
Jason