Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Tunica Horseshoe - 20/40 Hand

I've been having fun (ie. beating bad) this game for a couple of days. This hand involves a donkey (Donkey) and a person who I believe plays for a living, who I perceive to be a good, thinking player that is likely better than me and who is a nice guy too (Superstar).

Donkey is UTG with any 2 cards and he calls the BB.

Superstar is UTG+1 and calls with what could be any range of hands given the Donkey's call and the type of game this is (loose and only moderately aggressive).

I'm on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I raise, Donkey calls and Superstar calls.

Flop is something like K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Donkey checks, Superstar checks and I check because I wanted to send a message to the entire table that checking on the flop after you've raised is permitted (and because I knew Donkey wouldn't fold and it was unlikely Superstar would fold).
I planned on folding the turn if someone bet unless I hit something.

I hit something -- something like 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] giving me the nut flush draw and an overcard.

Donkey bet, Superstar raised, I called quickly (and "quickly" is important because Superstar later told me so), and Donkey folded (shockingly).

River is another 6 and Superstar checks to me and I throw in a crying bet hoping he'd fold a worse hand.

He called and turned over 99.

What'cha think of Superstar's call? Forget about my play, as it was perfect!