Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2003, 11:01 PM

Default a couple of $1-$2 hands at a B&M

Viejas (and basically all the San Diego cardrooms) is now spreading NL.
I was playing $1-$2 after a $25 buyin tourney.
$50 was the max buy-in. I wish it was $100, but that was the deal. The rake was the blinds (as long as there was a flop), steep, but it is what it is.

Only been playing like 45 minutes and a young kid has been limping early a lot. He limps in UTG as does another player, from the button I make it $10 with AJ.
I know most of the players are loose, so I want to make them pay to play.
When it gets back to him it gets confusing when he puts some chips out and the dealer says it was a call, and the player says he meant to raise. Dealer said he acted too quick, and should have let him. So I put him on AA-QQ. We are headsup.
Flop come Jxx. He bets $9.
I think, ask how much he has, which was $30, I had about the same. He seemed calm counting them.
I fold.

About an hour later I have seen him limp in a few times with AA and KK, so I believe my read is right. But have seen him limp in with less also. I have $80, he is around $120. I think he has been very lucky with some big hands.
He limps from UTG+1, another young kid (his buddy) limps also.
I have AQs in the SB and make it $10 (i know he'll reraise with a big hand). He calls as does his friend.
Flop comes AK6 with A6 diamonds, I have no diamonds.
I bet $15. People had been underbetting a lot, and I want to double up. He calls, other kid folds.

I put him on AJ, AT or a flush draw.

flop was nothing scary, 8 maybe.
I bet $40. He takes a long time, and says let's gamble and calls.
Flop was the third diamond, but I only have $15 left and bet it (probably should have pushed in on the turn).
He calls.

He turns over A6, flopped two pair. No how I could put him on that for a big raise.
any thoughts?

Thanks

SD