Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Is it possible?

Is it possible to make a few hundred dollars a month from stocks with a small capital? In poker, you can play .5/1 with a few hundred dollars and make a few hundred/month. Is there an equivalent in the stock market?

I've tried reading some books, but mostly they're way above my head right now. I'm just a newbie and want to know if I can make that kindda money in stocks. The general idea I got from the books though is that money is made long term by putting in like $10,000 and getting like 7% return on it annually.

I started an investment simulator game online and was basically thinking about doing the following: Do my hw and research a stock then put about $2k in it and buy some shares. If the stock goes down, then I just wait for it to go up and consider it a long term investment (assuming my research and hw are right). If the stock goes up enough to get me like a $60 after the two comissions I paid to buy and sell, I sell the stock and net $60 profit. Is this doable? Am I just talking complete nonsense here? Any advice (even harsh ones) will be appreciated.