Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Bankroll Thought, not how much money, how many hands before moving up?

I see people asking about when they have enough to move up, but for me, the money is not the problem the confidence in skill is.

I am beating 0.50/1.00 6 and 10 max quite a bit (about 4 bb/100 for 6Max and 3 bb/100 for 10 max), this is over 50,000 hands. I am up (per Poker Tracker) about $1800. In addition to this I have rakeback and bonuses, that push me up closer to $4k. Needless to say I have plenty of roll to move up, however, when I get a 75bb downswing my confidence goes to hell and I don't. I am thinking about putting in another 25,000 hands at 0.50 / 1.00 (likely almost all 6 Max) before I move up.

Now the thinking part of this, I 4 table most of the time, so I will play those 25,000 hands in the next month.

If I am going to go by bank roll alone,

- and even only by the poker winnings, not Rakeback or bonus,

- AND clear out of my accounts all but the $1,000 needed to maintain a 500bb roll for 1/2,

- AND am able to beat it at 2.5 bb / 100

Then I will be ready for 2/4 after only 20,000 hands. That is less than a month.

So my question is, how quickly can skill develop? What is your minimum # of hands at a level before you would move up? Also,what effect do you think multi-tabling has?

I am thinking that it would take 50k - 75k hands. I also wonder if you are better off two tabling a level higher than 4 tabling a level lower.

Margon