Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2005, 02:16 AM

Default LAG hand from live tourney

Ok technically this hand was from an MTT but it was only 22 runners and more people know me here and I'm not getting any responses over there. So, x-post.

--------------------------------

So I didn't do all that well in my week in Vegas. Because of the cooler (CONSTANT second best hands, it was brutal) I was going to take last night and tonight off from poker (I'm here on business anyway so it's not like my days are a total waste). But then tonight I really feel like playing poker all of a sudden but I don't feel like going to the strip since I fly out tomorrow morning so I go down to play in a really crappily structured tournament they have at my hotel.

So, structure: $40 buyin, everyone starts with t1000, 25/50 blinds, double every 20 minutes. Today there are 20 runners (entrants) with 2 alternates, and the top 3 spots pay. I decided that the only way to play in a tournament like this is LAG and hope you hit and that people fold (and obviously pick your spots). So with that in mind:

First hand.

Hero is CO-1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 folds, Hero raises t150, 1 fold, Button calls t150, 2 folds.

<font color="red">Button is a fairly large black guy who seems very softspoken but could easily kick the crap out of me with out even trying. And I'm 6'2", 200 lbs. He has a rack of $1s in front of him, he just got up from the $4/$8 limit game that I wasn't playing in.</font>

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. (t375)
Hero bets t200, Button calls t200.

<font color="red">He seems quite calm and impassive. Hard to get anything off him really.</font>

Turn: (Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t775)

Plan?