Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Am I too old to go to an Eminem Concert??????????
No 30 63.83%
Yes 17 36.17%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Bad Beat or Bad play?

Ok I need some help with this ppl. Yesterday in a home tournament I encountered a very difficult situation. The table is 7 handed. I receive pocket aces in the fifth position. Blinds are 100/200 1st position folds, 2nd postion shortstacked goes all in for his remaining 725. Everyone else folds to me. I Decide to just call rather than go all in as to induce action from the remaining players behind me. The button folds and the SB goes into the tank for a couple of mins and decides to call. BB folds.
Flop comes
10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
the SB who is 1st to act goes all-infor 1600+
I call quickly and turn over A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB turns over J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] the other guy who was all in before the flop turns over Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
turn brings a brick in 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
River brings the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and my pocket aces are cracked sendin me Home. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
The question I have is should I have gone All In pre flop in order to drive the rest of the players out of the pot? Or was I correct in slow playing the aces preflop by just calling?
I can't get this outta my head.....
DAn if you are reading this Please help...
Thanks
-young Sam Farha