Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2005, 11:42 AM

Default To those familiar with law school/the admissions process...

It's the summer before my senior year in college, and this means that in the next few months I'm going to begin applying to law schools. Just a little background into my numbers before I ask any questions: I currently have a 4.0 GPA at a small private liberal arts school. I just got my lsat score back and scored a 161 (meh, I should of done a bit better, but it's not horrible).

Anyways, I have started to do some research, and am slowly gaining info on which schools might be A) long shots (but worthwile for me to take a shot at); B) Good fits (schools I would have a pretty good chance of getting into); and C) some safe bets just in case. The point of this post isn't for you guys to simply recommend which schools I should be applying to, although if you have any suggestions, they are certainly welcome. But without knowing more about myself and my goals, I wouldn't expect you to be able to compile a solid list of recommendations.

Rather, I have a few other questions I am just curious about: To those who share (or know people with) similar numbers, where did you/they apply? Where did you get accepted? Where did you end up going? Do you think you made any mistakes along the way (ie. applied to too many schools out of your league, should have applied to some better schools, should have chosen a different school, etc.). To anyone else, do you feel your law school was overrated/underrated? Are there schools that maybe don't have excellent reputations, but are actually excellent schools? Are there schools with great reps that probably don't deserve the high rankings?

Is there anything else you wish you knew when you were applying to law school that you know now? And any other tips/hints you might have.

Anyways, sorry for the long-winded post. I appreciate any input you guys are willing to give on this issue. I know a bunch of you have been in my position and probably have some excellent advice.

Thanks