Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2005, 01:32 PM

Default $50/$100 NL - $140,000 hand w/ Sammy Farha

I saw this hand between Sammy Farha an another player last week at the WSOP in a cash game. The table also had Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak. It's a $50/$100 blinds No-limit game. I was trying not to let my mouth hang open as I watched a few hands...especially this one. While I had watched some of Barry G and Daniel N's 7-stud challenge match at the Wynn, this hand stands out above any others from my week in Vegas.

Farha had raised or reraised preflop 3 or 4 hands in a row, and seemed to be picking on one player in particluar throwing a few verbal jabs his direction. The action on this hand, as best as I can remember it:

Player 1 (the fellow Farha has been picking on) is UTG, Farha is two seats to his left.

Preflop:
Player opens for 300, Farha says "you never learn, do you?" and pops it to somewhere around 1500. Player 1 calls the raise.

Flop:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Player 1 checks. Farha bets approximately $4,000, slamming the chips around in a real showy manner.

Player 1 calls without a lot of thought. Farha immediately asks him how much he has left in front of him.

He takes a minute to count his chips and finger his stack of $100 bills. "About $55,000"

Turn:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Now the board has paired and there's 3 spades for some interesting possibilities.

Player 1 checks, Farha bets around $12,000. Player 1 responds by saying, "I'm all in." What surprised me the most was how fast Farha said "I call" and flips over pocket 44 and Player 1 turns over KQ for full house over full house.

Farha was pretty upset (as I would be too) and the floor manager immediately came over and cleared us out of the area as he matched the all-in.

It was a pretty fascinating hand to watch, especially since I was on my way back to the 1/2 NL game...