Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2002, 05:49 AM

Default Spider Man: Best Superhero movie ever

I'm a big fan of science fiction and fantasy. I'm also very discriminating about it. Great movies like the original Planet of the Apes, I can watch over and over. Mediocre films like Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace annoy me because of the missed potential. And, bad films like Star Trek: The Motion Picture actually piss me off since I usually have high hopes before I watch it.

I've never been a comic book reader but I loved Superhero cartoons as a kid, even the cheesy Superfriends. When Superhero films get made, I usually see them on opening weekend. Tonight, I made the time to go see <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Spider Man</FONT>.

I'm happy to report that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Spider Man</FONT> is the best Superhero film ever. It's a close call. Before tonight, I would have ranked Superman II as the best Superhero film. I also liked Batman a lot due to Jack Nicholson's performance as the Joker. But, <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Spider Man</FONT> is definitely a notch above both those films and any others.

I strongly reccomend the film.