Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2003, 11:59 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default When good boats go bad.

Ahh playing the good old Paradise .5/1 i like to punish myself game. Woke up this morning and found a very tastey 58% seeing the flop game and sat down for breakfast.

Ok so in the SB I have J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

2 EP 3 MP limp to me i figured it was a little loose to do but what the heck for a half bet I completed the SB, BB called and we have 7 way action.

Flop [ J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ]

Everyone checks to the BB who position bets, I call, MP calls. You know if your going to open with it you might as well play it when it hits. I placed each person on overcards possibly the flush draw, or a weak jack like mine. (as it turns out a raise would have saved me a bit of money)

Turn is [ J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ] [ 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] ]

Ok 2 pair but that's weak to the flush, lets see if someone has the flush, I bet, call, call.

River [ J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] ] [ 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ]

<Insert theme "Loveboat">

I'm flush proof!
All right lets get that last dollar and the win, I bet, Call, raise, I raise, MP folds, EP caps it, I call.

EP lays down 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

My dingy was crushed by one of those Heavy Trawlers.

My thoughts are that I probably should have raised or checkraised the flop to identify the larger pair or set, if 3 bet I would have released. On the turn I got no information but a check raise might have won it or made me quit when it was 3 bet.